Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
What the Hell was that?
829 Posts
I had a J22 many moons ago. Got it brand new, in the box. First time out, first magazine ran flawlessly. Second magazine, 3 rounds in and it literally came apart in my hand. Slide and recoil spring went one way. Takedown pin, firing pin and spring went another. Found all the parts, cleaned it, checked it for flaws and tried again. 8 rounds in, it did it again. Took it back to the dealer, got my money back, and said the hell with it and bought charter arms .38. Lol

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,358 Posts
I had a J22 many moons ago. Got it brand new, in the box. First time out, first magazine ran flawlessly. Second magazine, 3 rounds in and it literally came apart in my hand. Slide and recoil spring went one way. Takedown pin, firing pin and spring went another. Found all the parts, cleaned it, checked it for flaws and tried again. 8 rounds in, it did it again. Took it back to the dealer, got my money back, and said the hell with it and bought charter arms .38. Lol
And some people wonder why I shit on those SNS.

·
Administrator
29,336 Posts
And some people wonder why I shit on those SNS.
Is it because you're a hater and a big meanie?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Your Jennings manual must be a different version than mine. The one I have doesn't appear to make any ammo recommendations whatsoever.
View attachment 76287

Jimenez Arms did provide a list of recommended ammo for their JA-22, which did include Stingers. Here's what they suggested for the JA-22:

RECOMMENDED TYPES OF AMMO

22LR: 40 gr FMJ (Full metal jacket) / HP (Hollow point)
-CCI Stinger
-CCI Mini mags
-Federal Target Load
-Federal Game Shock
-Winchester Super X
-Ball or Round nose / Brass Casing

FWIW, I never had luck with CCI Stingers, the casings pulled out from the barrel just fine but they always got stuck in the ejection port. I figgered it was due to the casing being a tad longer.
I've had the same issue with Stingers. Regular old CCI Blazer bulk ammo runs just fine, but I've never had luck with much else. I am going to try Federal Punch out of it to see what happens.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts