Jeweling

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by GunControlIsGood, Apr 25, 2014.

1. GunControlIsGood

GunControlIsGood Member

I've heard you could jewel metal with a pencil eraser and come out with decent results. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this and or other jeweling techniques.

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

You "can" but its a very temporary result. You'll usually mess it up wiping away the little eraser crumbs too.

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    What talon said. You need to use abrasive and enough pressure to cut into the metal. If you used a LOT of erasers, I guess you could get it done?

4. Get some of these and some fine Clover compound:

http://www.zorotools.com/g/00054188...pid=G3078363&gclid=CJnN46DO_L0CFYhaMgodOFsAbA

Roll some small O rings or a piece of heat shrink tube over them leaving only the end exposed so the bristles don't spread out. The abrasive Clover compound makes the swirls. And you will need a jig of some sort to lay out the pattern of swirls, for rifle bolts we had a Brownells jig that spun it, and the lengthwise rows were made by clamping it in an X-Y milling vice on the drill press. Brownells sells larger brushes, but they are around $10 each.