JH 45 range report May 20, 2014

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by GoesBang, May 20, 2014.

1. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

I took her out today after not firing her for a few months. Had some FTF issues with lead ball reloads. Not sure why, they've always run fine in her.

Tried two mags loaded with factory FMJ and they ran like a bad pair of nylons.

Rounds fired: Approx 100+/-

My buddy has his C9, among 3 or 4 other guns, with him. It had FTF issues and I said "let me look at it." I took a pair of needle nose pliers from my tool bag and tweaked the lips a tad. Guess what? Bad nylons again! His feed ramp still has paint on it, and he's fired approx. 1,000 rounds thru it.

2. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

That's weird. Almost sounds as if the rounds don't touch the feed ramp. Bad mag? Maybe just a tad off making it ride too high in the chamber.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

3. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

The reloads would not nosedive. They did the complete opposite. Straight up!

I will see what I can do to tweak them back a bit for next time. Either that or shoot factory loads for a while and not worry about it.

I still have over 100 rounds of the reloads though . . .

4. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

I had to Winchester wb fmj do the same thing now that I think about it. Fired 98 out of 100 rnds and no other probs but those 2 would end up nose up no matter what. Forgot all about that. Maybe it's just the ammo you are using. Out of 298 rounds total only had 2 nose up.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum