Jh45 history????

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by kevin6154, May 3, 2014.

1. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

So I've been searching all over the internet for info on my new used jh45. Was just wondering when it was made, original price ect. Any history I can learn on hp

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Hi Point bought Haskell Mfg around 1993. The JH was HP's 1st edition. It still had the alloy frame. Sometime mid to late 90's, they switched it over to the polymer frames. I have a Haskell JS-45 & a Hi Point JH-45.

Attached Files:

3. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Cicpup, it looks like you found the gray frame 380?

Attached Files:

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    You could say that.

5. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

why do you keep giving me reasons to hate you?!?!....:p

6. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

Late 90's I'd say! My JH 45 was born on August 9, 1999.

Kevin, you can call mom with your serial number and they will tell you when your JH was born. If you need/want an original owners manual or box, they will send those as well.

Also, if you were unaware, your JH still carries it's lifetime warranty, even though it originally applied to the first owner.

7. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

Sweet! I knew bout the warranty. Didn't know I could find out when it was born. So far she shoots well. Sighted a bit low. Hard to tell by 50 shots (for me anyway) but over all about 6 maybe 8 inches low at approx 20 yards. It'll do the truck for home defense. 230 grain slug in the center mass 6 inches ain't gonna matter! I'll get her sighted in once I snag more ammo. Realy glad I bought it!

8. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

Do the trick for home d. My bad

9. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

Have you ever browsed Ebay for JH parts? It's silly.

I have seen people try to sell the box for $20 and upwards. There are guys selling HiPoint parts that mom will ship for FREE.

I have purchased 5 used/broken in mags thru Ebay, rather than have to break in new ones from mom. The first few were no cost savings to me at all. The last ones I picked up were only $5 a piece and that was with shipping!

10. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

I'm guessing my mags are pretty broke in. Fired 43 rounds flawlessly on Sunday. No visible wear on the slide. I'm not planning on breaking it down for a while. Paint still on feedramp. Possibly it was sent back and refurb. I love it!

11. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

What happened to the other 7?

12. kevin6154

kevin6154 Member

Home defense! Lol I have a weird habit of always saving atleast one mag of ammo for every firearm I own.