JHP 45 slide polish

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Bmason_80, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Yes looks great!

100.0%
  2. No ! You should trade it to me for my stock jhp

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It reminds me of the aftermath from some bad tacos

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bmason_80

Bmason_80 Supporting Member

Finished product on page 5
    Decided to polish the ridges on the slide of my JHP. I'm about 1 hr into it wet sanding with 1500 grit. This is going to take some time. Glad I stocked up on beer. Tips appreciated

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  2. Wish someone would do mine for me. It looks cool, when completed.

3. Bmason_80

Yeah I really like em shiny. I'm not brave enough to do the whole thing. If I mess it up I'll buy another at academy sports. I was in there today they had the JHP jcp and c9 in the display cabinet

4. Bmason_80

3 ½ hrs of wet sanding.... Let's see how it shines up

Attached Files:

5. Bmason_80

Hopefully the pics do it justice. I love it. Let me know what you think.. Good or bad. Lol I forgot to take the the clear making tape off the slide

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  6. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Now wasn't that easy?

7. Bmason_80

Slow but easy.. I think I need to get more beer for the other side.. 1500 grit does great may redo it with 2000 . after seeing how well this came out I may grow some balls and do the whole slide minus the sight ridges on top. I love how the factory stamping stayed black

8. cicpup

Vermont
    3 1/2 hours and you got one entire strip done? Yea. I say go ahead and do the whole thing.

9. ArmyRover

ArmyRover Supporting Member

That is sexy, fantastic work!

10. Bmason_80

3 ½ to do 1 side then 2 passes with Polish .. Need a faster way to strip it down..

11. cicpup

Vermont
    Start with something more robust to remove most of the powder coat then work your way up to 1500 wet.

And just do the stripes. It looks classier than doing the whole thing.

12. Bmason_80

It's funny you mention that. I am currently in the basement with some 320 knocking it down
    Classy??? If I wanted classy I would've bought a gun already polished. I don't want to do the stripes for 2 reasons ....
    1-I'm lazy
    2- I think it may mess up my sight picture

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  13. cicpup

Vermont
    No Zippy. The other "stripe" just like the "stripe" you did.

14. Bmason_80

I thought you meant the whole slide..

15. cicpup

Vermont
    I was bustin' your balls. Wanted to see if I could get you to polish that damn thing for a few days. Just do the stripes. It looks "nicer". (is that better than classier?)

16. Bmason_80

Yes much better.. I agree strips only .. But you have to admit a fully polished slide would get some attention at the range... Then you tell them it's a hipoint... Watch them snobs cry all the way back to their lanes

17. cicpup

Vermont
    Nicely polished stripes will get you the same attention without blinding you in direct sunlight.

18. Bmason_80

My range buddy hates this thing after seeing my jamming issues.. With the help of the guys here I have determined it's ammo related.. With good ammo that this picky eater likes it is as accurate as any gun around.. I'm going to tell him polishing the slide fixed it

19. cicpup

Vermont
    Still kinda new eh? It'll get less picky as it breaks in. Keep it lubed & don't limp wrist it and he'll think it's a different gun.

20. Bmason_80

No it's not new.. I got it as a gift. My step dad knows I like guns he bought it from a guy at work and gave it to me. Do the older models have 1 or 2 spring s for the fireing pin?? This has 1 spring and a plastic sleeve..this brings up another question.... Would mom send me another barrel this one has a little rust

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016