Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just back from my second range trip with the JHP. I am having feed problems and, after about 250 rounds, the problem remained. I called Haskell and a very nice gentleman told me the possible causes and then insisted that I send it back. I thought some of his remedies were sound as was going to try them myself but he again insisted I send it back so send it back I will.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My "jam" problems in both my .40 and .45 were "fixed" by only putting 6 or 7 rounds in the magazine. Anymore than that and it is jam city the first few rounds. And yes I have left the magazines fully loaded for weeks to no avail. I have bought new magazines from Hi Point. Same Same. So I just load 5-6 rounds in the magazines and I am good to go with JHP or FMJ.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it fixed. Haskell informed me there was an irregularity in the slide that needed to be fixed. The fix seemed simple enough to fix using a dremel tool but they insisted I send it back. I have yet to try it but do see where they made their adjustment. Yes, I did get an extra magazine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Got it fixed. Haskell informed me there was an irregularity in the slide that needed to be fixed. The fix seemed simple enough to fix using a dremel tool but they insisted I send it back. I have yet to try it but do see where they made their adjustment. Yes, I did get an extra magazine.
As I was on here yesterday I spent some time reading. I found a solution and tried it out this morning. I took my jam-o-matic .40 and cut the last "loop" off the magazine spring....guess what...for the first time since I have owned that gun it shout a full magazine without jamming this morning.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I always keep my mags full when they are not in use to try to keep those springs loose.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.