Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Jimenez J.A. Nine 30 round mag

38K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  Woodsy 
#1 · (Edited)
<EDIT> This is NOT my magazine, and I have no idea who this YouTuber is, so don't ask.

Insert sarcasm here:
Wouldn't be cool to have a 30 round mag for your Jimenez Nine?
And let's cycle some live ammo through the gun in the comfort of your living room and post it on YouTube :eek:

#2 ·
Wouldn't be cool to have a 30 round mag for your Jimenez Nine?
And let's cycle some live ammo through the gun in the comfort of your living room and post it on YouTube :eek:
I was disappointed. I spent the whole clip waiting for the ND.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: SWAGA
#5 ·
Does the Mexican-ized Jennings eject with the firing pin, like a Hi Point? :rofl:
Nope, the Jimenez J.A. Nine actually has an honest-to-goodness ejector.

Attachments

Reactions: undeRGRound
#6 ·
I spent the whole clip waiting for the ND.
Kirk
Well at least you only had to watch a 30 round clip. :p

I think the Mole has to get hisself a Jaymenes Nine, fit a drum mag to it, and take it to the hood to show 'em how it's done... :rolleyes:

#9 ·
Well I don't have a Jimeneze J.A. Nine but I wave its predecessor the Bryco Jennings Nine and Beretta 92 magzines wont fit . The taper is different and if you push to hard they get stuck .
The Beretta Mags have one of the most slender tapers I have seen, the Jay-Mean-Ezzz must be a really long taper!

#10 ·
The guy joined two magazines together - top is Jimenez (Jennings??) and bottom is "whatever". I could do that but it would be illegal in mAssachoo$hitz and I am not about to go sign up for one year's worth of showers with Bubba and his brothas.

#13 ·
Gotta say, I think it's cool, minus the hand cycling live ammo. Lots of people simply don't know better. At least he had it pointed safely and good trigger discipline.

Now if only the JA9 didn't have the short lifespan it has I'd buy one. I think I'll grab a Hi Point in 9mm instead next time I buy a cheap one.

#14 ·
...if only the JA9 didn't have the short lifespan it has I'd buy one.
Yeah, the lifespan of J/JA Nines can be short. They develop the "dreaded frame crack" as illustrated in this pic. It's easy to miss if you don't know what to look for as it follows contours in the frame. In my experience, the crack begins at the rectangular hole at the top of the frame, and over time works downward along the strap. Sharp angled openings are begging to be stress points -notice that the crack goes from the corner of one rectangular hole to the corner of another rectangular hole- and this is further weakened by a recess for the safety spring (by the top grip screw). IMO if the designers had taken into account the material the frame was made of (Zamak) and opted to go with more rounded openings they'd have a far more durable design.

To their credit, Jimenez did add a second barrel retention pin to hold the barrel in place. The Jennings Nine only used one pin -which resulted in the barrels loosening up in the frame.

I like the looks of the gun, I think it is visually appealing, and I own a couple of them. I just wish the engineering behind it was a bit more thoughtful.

Attachments

Reactions: SWAGA
#15 ·
Gotta say, I think it's cool, minus the hand cycling live ammo. Lots of people simply don't know better. At least he had it pointed safely and good trigger discipline.
Where is he gonna get 30 dummy rounds? I've hand cycled live ammo before to test a particular bullet shape before I go to the range. Point the firearm in a safe direction, safety on if possible, finger off the trigger, rack the action.

#16 ·
I like the looks of the gun, I think it is visually appealing, and I own a couple of them.
To be fair, I agree. I think it is a neat appearing gun.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

#17 ·
Where is he gonna get 30 dummy rounds? I've hand cycled live ammo before to test a particular bullet shape before I go to the range. Point the firearm in a safe direction, safety on if possible, finger off the trigger, rack the action.
Or you could be smart and do it outside with your firing pin removed on guns that have a high potential for slam fires...like that one. Or just test fire it next time you go out.

If you have a gun go full auto indoors with a 30 round mag good luck man. A guy sat down a JA9 on a shooting bench a few years ago and it went full auto, shooting him and IIRC his wife or buddy at a range.

That design is unsafe to hand cycle, much like Hi Points. I had a J22 slam fire on me from the action closing before and double tap my bed. Luckily I was following proper safety procedures.

#18 ·
#19 · (Edited)
The Irish tourist who was shot in this accident later sued the range, the Thourot's, and the county running the range for failing to adequately ensure that the gun was properly functioning and the range for failing to properly "supervise." Both the news story and the law suit speculate that the pistol may have been modified by a prior owner. Mr. Thourot admitted to squeezing the feed lips of the mag closer together with a pair of pliers.

https://casetext.com/case/flynn-v-polk-cnty-3

I haven't yet found out how the case turned out.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

#20 ·
To be fair, I agree. I think it is a neat appearing gun.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The ja nine is, in my opinion proof that the hi points don't need to look like they do.

Re release the c9 with more visually appealing lines, keep the polymer lower and it would sell... And probably dig itself out of its stigma.

A good looking dirt cheap 9 that functions and is made in America with a lifetime no questions asked warranty is a recipe for a company revamp

#21 ·
Or you could be smart and do it outside with your firing pin removed on guns that have a high potential for slam fires...like that one. Or just test fire it next time you go out.

If you have a gun go full auto indoors with a 30 round mag good luck man. A guy sat down a JA9 on a shooting bench a few years ago and it went full auto, shooting him and IIRC his wife or buddy at a range.

That design is unsafe to hand cycle, much like Hi Points. I had a J22 slam fire on me from the action closing before and double tap my bed. Luckily I was following proper safety procedures.
That would be exciting. Did not know that about the Jimenez or Hi Points. HiPoints are prone to slam fire?

People get excited around here when you start racking the slide outside. Urban yuppies.

How deep did the .22" LR slugs penetrate into the bed?

#22 ·
That would be exciting. Did not know that about the Jimenez or Hi Points. HiPoints are prone to slam fire?

People get excited around here when you start racking the slide outside. Urban yuppies.

How deep did the .22" LR slugs penetrate into the bed?
The Hi Point isn't really prone to it because of the counterweight system but the firing pin does hit the primer at the end of the slide stroke which could fire the gun.

The Jennings pistols will slamfire with weak springs or worn sears though.