Jiminez JA9 chrome

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by bluharley, Aug 22, 2014.

1. bluharley

bluharley Member

I met a guy at a pawn shop that has this LNIB JA9 for $175. Is it worth that much?

Attached Files:

2. No,I don't think it's worth that.Maybe $129

3. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

The Jiminez warranty is only to the original owner, and the guy is asking $50 more then a HP? Nice looking gun, but $125 max? IMHO

4. bluharley

bluharley Member

Thanks! I blew my budget on my permit, so I told him I couldn't get it. I thought it was a little high too, but it sure is pretty!

5. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    I sold mine for $150 a few years ago, I bought it for ex-wife and she didnt want it so I sold it. She fired maybe two magazines in it and was done..lol. I cleaned it and sold it the next weekend. I threw in a $15 box of ammo, so actually sold the gun for $135. $125 would be a excellent deal. Anywhere between $125-150 depending on your area. Maybe he has some ammo to sweeten the deal?

6. RobbK

RobbK Member

The guns look nice but my personal experience with them has been awful. They were the reason I was so skeptical about Hi Points and their price point. NEVER again will they get my dollars.(Jimenez that is Hi Point is a money suck for me lol)

7. bigmfkp

bigmfkp woodsman Member

Hello Friend

Personally, I wouldn't buy the Jiminez because of the FTF problems a Friend of Mine had with His. I am not saying that all Jiminez pistols have feeding issues but He tried everything to remedy the problem & still it would feed good for the first 2 or 3 rounds & then give Him a headache with feeding issues. For the money, excellent warranty & professional Customer Service I personally would recommend the Hi Point C9. I bought 1 over 2 years ago to serve as My camping & fishing sidearm instead of taking My more expensive pistols. It has punched holes through many aluminum cans at the camp site beside the river & has proven itself at the range. All for a fraction of what I paid for most of My pistols. I believe I paid $178 dollars for it.
    Happy & Safe Shooting Friend. :D

8. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I've learned that Pawnshop sticker "prices" are just a best guess.
    Yes they know what it's worth but that's not the same thing.
    I'd be surprised if they paid more then $75 for that gun.

At the PS that I frequent they paid a guy $55 for a NIB plain jane black version.
    Sticker price was later $155.......

Their margins are less on big name guns, a trade in Glock they'll pay $350 and ask $450.

If you're some what interested in that gun offer $100. See where that goes.

How far can you talk them down?
    Sometimes it's shocking.........

If it turns out to be a jam-o-matic you have a gun show trade and should be able to get your money out of it.

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I was gonna say
    Ax Swaga!

But he's already here.
    He's such a tightwad, he's bought all of his guns second-hand
    (or third, etc... ) ;)

10. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    ^^^^^ Now here's me wishing I was more like Uncle SwagZ ^^^^^
    :( Buying everything used and saving more money for ammo and such :(
    :DHe is like the Yoda of pawn - shopper - dom as far as I'm concerned.:D

11. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1408799173.972369.jpg
    Strong in the tightwad he is.

12. bluharley

bluharley Member

Thanks everyone. It's not the pawn shop selling it, it's a guy I was talking to at the pawn shop. He buys them at the pawn shop, and resells them. He said he paid a little more than $100, plus tax. Said he had a right to make a little profit. Yea, I agree, but he's not going to make it off me!

13. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

He does.........from other people.
    But I was right, he did get it for $100+ tax :)

14. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Yeah, $175, no friggin way. $80-100, maybe just to try one out and see how bad they really are. The slides are prone to cracking too boot.

15. Kiln

Kiln Member

I fired one a bit and had no issues but the guys over on the Jimenez Arms forums have reported everything from LCI failures to frame cracks. No slide cracks even from the guys with a couple thousand rounds through theirs but frames are prone to failure along the grip near the safety. They usually aren't jammomatic junk from what I've read (and in my brief experience) but the frame issue makes it a no go for me.

16. panoz77

panoz77 Member

I meant frame cracks, you are correct, my bad.