Joey install in JHP 45

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Recoman, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Recoman

Recoman Supporting Member

Hey all, I got a new Joey for my JHP 45:D. I installed one in my C9, piece of cake. I am wondering if the 45 is the same:confused:, or are there differences in installation I need to be aware of? I'm no gunsmith but I have some mechanical skill. As I said, the C9 was no problem. I searched, but couldn't really get a definitive answer, so I figured I'd go where the experience is. Thanks for any help.

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

If you can do the C9, you will have NO problem with the JHP-45!

3. Recoman

Thanks Mel. Wasn't sure if all was the same, and I wasn't expecting the C9 to be as easy as it was. Stories about disassembly/reassembly woes. I took the 9 apart and put it back together from a YT video. Apart and back together in a matter of minutes. Thanks for the input :thankyou::dance:

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Small differences like a pin holding in the counterweight and a real mag release spring, but no more difficult than the C-9.

5. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

The very same trigger fits almost all of the HP's including the Carbines!

6. Recoman

Does anyone know if there is a video anywhere? Just in case :eek: , I couldn't seem to find one with a quick YT search.:eek: Or would I even need it :confused:?

7. cicpup

Vermont
    Stop being a puzzy and back that $hit up. If you're inept we'll help you fix it.

8. Bigern

Bigern Member

You can do it! :D

9. Recoman

Well, wasn't bein' was gettin'!!!:D And her back was up, way up :hyper: I guess as far as inept, it's the old age that's got me down to 45 minute sessions :llama:!!! I guess as long as she's happy, I'm happy!!! :zombie: me now...her now...

Attached Files:

10. Recoman

And yup...it's Christmas EVERY day here!!! Saves time in December too :rofl:

11. Recoman

OK, this is probably a dumb question, but I always heard the dumbest questions were the ones that weren't asked :confused: I got my joey installed in my JHP. All back together and working right except the trigger is sticking in the rearward position. opened it up and saw it is sticking on the small mag release bar behind the bottom of the trigger. My question...is taking the trigger out and filing a little off the lower back corner all I need to do? Will that bother anything as far as operation etc.? I don't see that it would but I just wanted to check. Thanks for the help.

12. cicpup

Vermont
    You were lied to.

Remove the bent trigger pin and reinstall it correctly. Try it with the bend pointing towards the top rear corner of the frame. Works most of the time.

13. Recoman

Must've been lied to again, because I made sure of that when I reassembled. But, I took it out did it again, same, even took it out and turned around, same. Sooo, I took it out again turned it bend up to upper right, same. It fires, cycles, and ejects mags fine, just sticks in rearward position. I thought HP's had an adjustable trigger stop :rofl:

14. cicpup

Vermont
    Well I did say "Works most of the time". Also make sure the right grip is properly seated and the screw is good and snug.

15. Recoman

Yep, done all that. Mechanicals are working properly, and it doesn't stick if you let of as soon as the firing pin drops. If you look inside with grip off and hold things down, you can see the trigger just barely touch the mag release bar. Just enough to catch the trigger and not let it return. A slight tap on the trigger and it pops back out. I guess I just need to take a fraction off the trigger corner. That won't bother anything else will it?

16. cicpup

Vermont
    Trigger bar is stamped steel. Never hurts to clean up the edges. Is it catching on the mag release or the mag drop safety?

17. Recoman

Not sure about part names. It's the small bar that connects to the mag release button and goes across frame to the small silver oval piece that the small spring in the grip panel rides on...if that makes sense to you. Lol, as I said I'm no gunsmith.

18. Recoman

It is the bottom of the trigger that is catching. Like the back corner of the trigger where it meets the mag release button inside the frame, if that helps.

19. cicpup

Vermont
    OK. Have you tried other pin alignments? Straight up or down maybe?

But no, it won't hurt the trigger if you need to trim a corner. I had to do it to one that was catching on a JS frame.

20. joey1117

joey1117 Supporting Member

you should not have to "file" anything off these are exact copies of the original trigger ...well a little thicker if that is what is catching file away