Joined the AR-15 club today...

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by PrimalSeal, Feb 28, 2008.

1. It's a DPMS Model A-15 chambered in 5.56mm flat top, no iron sights/optics, it also has a flat gas block with a 24'' bull barrel. The paperwork in the gun states that it will shoot sub 1.5 inch groups at 500 yards. I have already added a Rock Mount bi-pod and a Tasco 3x9x40 that I got from Uncle Jerky for now. It did come with 2 thirty round mags... Anywho, enough talking, here's the pics.

Opened the case when I got it home... came with the strap, cleaning kit, 2 mags, and hard shell case...

[​IMG]

Of course, the gratuitous toes pic.. kinda blurry, but you get the idea.

[​IMG]

Breech shot

[​IMG]

With Red Dot..

[​IMG]

Messing around here, kinda scout style.

[​IMG]

Tried to see if I could co-witness the scope and the red dot...

[​IMG]

YEP! Pretty cool too, I thought.

First I'm UP

[​IMG]

Then I'm DOWN..

[​IMG]

I thought this was interesting...

[​IMG]

The standard bullets pic..

[​IMG]

Trying to look mean in a Hi-Point hat, More cowbell shirt with my badarse AR-15....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Couple of random pics here....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wife made me laugh... :D

[​IMG]

Trying to be serious and failing horribly....

[​IMG]

And the damn cat wouldn't leave me alone!!!

[​IMG]

I have 6 boxes of ammo, gonna shoot her in on Saturday or Sunday if possible. I don't see any reason I can't do it either...

Anyway, enjoy the pics... And guess how much I paid.

2. The mag Nazi!!

That's funny dude.

3. Very nice!! I'm very jealous!!! Nice cat!

4. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

That cat is more evil than that rifle. PS:SWEEEET. PSS:Nice Shirt!

5. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Welcome aboard!

6. neothespian

neothespian Member

Very nice gun.....for an AR :p

Sorry, had to do that! It really is a sharp looking gun. I'm just jealous because I don't have the cash to throw down on a gun like that.

And, glad to see you made it back safe to Phoenix El!!

7. That is the result of my 5 week TDY to Las Vegas. I told the wife that I worked my arse off for it, so I deserved to get whatever I want. The good thing is, I can now order a full upper from DPMS and have it shipped here to the house. I will probably get a 16 inch barrel M4 style...

Talking to Stryker1 on the phone tonight, he told me that I got the Chevy 350 of rifles, you can mod them out with anything you want. I like that analogy.

8. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

'Bout freaking time! Congrats, she's a beaut!

9. Dude, thanks. I've been waiting for over a year for this.

10. Still beat you to it ;-) She's a beaut!

11. Oh and after several blurry pictures there primal, I don't wanna hear CRAP about my past blurry photos! I need to find the rail adapter for my harris bipod.

12. Awesome rifle there Primal, and great picture of the cat as well :) Do you mind if I ask how much it set you back? I'm starting to save up for one of those myself now, and haven't decided what to go with. Also, be sure to let us know how things go at the range :D

13. Nice!

I love the rifle--

One thing that always makes me crazy is in your sig---

The picture on your T shirt makes me think--

Bruce Dickinson-- I don't remember him saying the cowbell line, but I do remember Will Ferrel off of SNL doing an Eric Bloom of Blue Oyster Cult impersonation banging the crap out of the cowbell--

ANyway, congrats on the rifle--

:D

PS B.O.C. is my favorite band of all time-- so I may be a bit of a fanboy---

:oops:

14. Nice, I like DPMS. good guns.

15. that is sooooooo cool. Maybe in my next life..........

Congrats to you!

16. Ari

Ari Guest

What the heck? That is just so cool! I know you have been waiting for along time. But I sure am glad you stepped up the the plate and got the heavy titanium barrel :p ... No really that is very cool! I know what it is like getting one you have been wanting for a long time. Enjoy the honeymoon with the new girl. Congrats!

17. 69burbon

69burbon Well-Known Member

Nice! Someday. I'm still kicking my butt over not getting one a few years back. Guy got in trouble and had to clear out his stuff. Could have gotten his AR for something like $250 at the time. Problem was I could never get a hold of him until it was too late and it was gone.

18. 69burbon

69burbon Well-Known Member

By the way Primal, don't you just love those "Operation Provide Per Diem" TDY trips? Paid for a lot of stuff that way when I was in the AF too.