Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,176 Posts
"~DO NOT POST OUTSIDE LINKS TO EBAY ADS~ "

But what if the conversation is about that particular ad? We've done that before. Pointing out some bogus crap, gag ads, etc. And is it just ebay prejudices or does it extend to Gun Broker and other auction sites?

Not being confrontational, just curious as to the what & why.
Because the owners of the forum said so in their terms of service.

If you care to read the new TOS and the updated marketplace rules that I posted, you will see that it extends to ALL offsite and unaffiliated vendors, websites, estores, etc.

The ONLY exception we have is the "Steals, deals, and giveaways" section because we're not posting for profit or free advertising and it's usually limited to time sensitive flash sales.

You can reference it, talk about it, show a screen shot of it, but you can't provide a direct, working, link to it...

🤷‍♂️

• Wow
Reactions: Rerun

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,171 Posts
Because the owners of the forum said so in their terms of service.

If you care to read the new TOS and the updated marketplace rules that I posted, you will see that it extends to ALL offsite and unaffiliated vendors, websites, estores, etc.

The ONLY exception we have is the "Steals, deals, and giveaways" section because we're not posting for profit or free advertising and it's usually limited to time sensitive flash sales.

You can reference it, talk about it, show a screen shot of it, but you can't provide a direct, working, link to it...

🤷‍♂️
So Cicpup can't post a link to his ebay account? He is looking to get in to panty sales. Him and swaga are starting a fans only page. :LOL::LOL:🤡

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My bad, didn't read the rules. Definitely not recommending anyone spend $40 on those, that's roughly 11 cents worth of material and so far I have less than 2 hours into design and I think I'm really close to something functional. Was supposed to pick up the piece tonight, but UPS took it to Texas instead of Colorado. That's the 3rd pistol I've had go astray during shipment.

·
Resident PITA
16,244 Posts
If you care to read the new TOS
I like learning as I go.

and the updated marketplace rules that I posted, you will see that it extends to ALL offsite and unaffiliated vendors, websites, estores, etc.
I wasn't referencing the marketplace or someone posting a link to their own auction. But whatever. They're going to sanitize this place until nobody wants to be here anymore. Or is criticizm and opinions now against the rules too?

·
Resident PITA
16,244 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So Cicpup can't post a link to his ebay account? He is looking to get in to panty sales. Him and swaga are starting a fans only page. :LOL::LOL:🤡
Unfortunately:

eBay’s policy states, “We require our buyers and sellers to follow all laws and government health codes. For health and hygiene reasons, we don't allow the sale of used underwear.”

·
Super Moderator
26,176 Posts
I like learning as I go.

I wasn't referencing the marketplace or someone posting a link to their own auction. But whatever. They're going to sanitize this place until nobody wants to be here anymore. Or is criticizm and opinions now against the rules too?
That's why I started out with "Because they said so." Their TOS flat out prohibits it, but our marketplace rules define it a little better in Rule #6: No Cross-Linking. Do not post links to offsite adverts, which include but is not limited to eBay, Amazon, etsy, etc.!

We're still in the process of updating our local rules to align with the new TOS and content expectations.

·
Super Moderator
26,176 Posts
My bad, didn't read the rules. Definitely not recommending anyone spend $40 on those, that's roughly 11 cents worth of material and so far I have less than 2 hours into design and I think I'm really close to something functional. Was supposed to pick up the piece tonight, but UPS took it to Texas instead of Colorado. That's the 3rd pistol I've had go astray during shipment.
No, it's fine. You're new. Nobody reads the rules anyways. You did agree to a mountain of crap just by joining up though. Some of it is pretty invasive...

Where in Colorado? I'm down here in SECO by the Grasslands.

·
Resident PITA
16,244 Posts
That's why I started out with "Because they said so."
Figured that before I asked. Was just hoping for some odd reason they actually had a valid reason.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
No, it's fine. You're new. Nobody reads the rules anyways. You did agree to a mountain of crap just by joining up though. Some of it is pretty invasive...

Where in Colorado? I'm down here in SECO by the Grasslands.
Just north of Denver in Adams county. Are you WAY far SE or just kinda? I'm a member at Ben Lomond in Ramah, but rarely make it down with truck gas running near $5 a gallon these days.

·
Super Moderator
26,176 Posts
Figured that before I asked. Was just hoping for some odd reason they actually had a valid reason.
Money. Vendor's fees. Advertising fees.

They did get Palmetto State Armory under contract as an official sponsor on one of their other forums... Was hoping there would be some sort of discount code forthcoming but...

·
Super Moderator
26,176 Posts
Just north of Denver in Adams county. Are you WAY far SE or just kinda? I'm a member at Ben Lomond in Ramah, but rarely make it down with truck gas running near $5 a gallon these days.
Otero County just north of the Comanche National Grasslands and Piñon Canyon Maneuvers Site. About 4 hours SE of Denver.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,171 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Otero County just north of the Comanche National Grasslands and Piñon Canyon Maneuvers Site. About 4 hours SE of Denver.
Yeah, that's WAY out there, never been SE in the state, meant to ride the Ducati at La Junta but I went and got old before I made it happen. Looks like you're not terrible far from Raton, I hear that NRA range out there is pretty good.

·
Resident PITA
16,244 Posts
Talon sells them on etsy. I'd post the link but...
But Rach says you can post a pic.

And if that gets flagged I'll officially complain about Shaners thread.

• Haha
Reactions: Twisty and moona11

·
Super Moderator
26,176 Posts
Yeah, that's WAY out there, never been SE in the state, meant to ride the Ducati at La Junta but I went and got old before I made it happen. Looks like you're not terrible far from Raton, I hear that NRA range out there is pretty good.
I'm in La Junta. Raton is about 2 hours SW.

·
Super Moderator
26,176 Posts
But Rach says you can post a pic.

And if that gets flagged I'll officially complain about Shaners thread.
Shaner's thread is gone. He stopped posting for 2 years until I opened it back up to test the new software's NSFW filter. It was reopened for an hour and he had posted to it. It's closed again. It's a useless thread.

·
Resident PITA
16,244 Posts
Shaner's thread is gone. He stopped posting for 2 years until I opened it back up to test the new software's NSFW filter. It was reopened for an hour and he had posted to it. It's closed again. It's a useless thread.
Was it closed due to new stricter decency/sensitivity rules or because it was fucking mind numbingly played out?

Reactions: ajole and moona11

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,171 Posts
So thats why I haven't seen titties and triggers.

·
Resident PITA
16,244 Posts
21 - 40 of 63 Posts