Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

JS-9 Inbound

4K views 62 replies 6 participants last post by  ThaDoubleJ 
#1 ·
Hello HP folks, longtime HP-Curious, finally dropped $77 for a Stallard JS-9 that needs a little work. I've just read through about 1/3 of the "101" thread, but the punctuation issues were making me crazy so I bailed.

From what I can tell, there were two main designs of the JS-9, one is square in every regard, looks like legos, that's the one I got. The other has a rounded palm swell and a shelf both at the bottom of the trigger guard and at the front of the lower grip.

I need a mag catch and some mags for mine, it comes with neither, how to I ensure that I get the right parts? Are they interchangeable between all JS-9 marked pistols, or do I need to find them from the lego gun specifically?

When speaking about this Stallard, how to differentiate between the two variants. Mark 1/Mark 2? Round/Square?

Any info would be appreciated, thank you.

#59 ·
v8 of my design finally works. I did have to run the edge on a file to make it release the mag, and I have to fingernail them out, but once past the catch they're easy to pull out. Heading to the range tomorrow for real testing.

Here's a question: Do your catches latch to the base plate of the magazine, or to the little piece of the body on the rear? Mine grabs the body instead of the baseplate, but it seems to hold just fine and all of the rounds do feed when hand cycling.

#62 · (Edited)
I switched my parts over from PLA to Nylon today, and the Nylon doesn't actually work as good as the PLA, which is odd. Working on some tweaks that I think might help.

Edit, I changed some settings in my Ender and v10 mod 2 came out much better. The pin hole is just a hair smaller than with PLA and requires a whack or two to get the pin started, but it also can't fall out if your grips are off. It still takes two hands to get the mag out, so I added a quarter mm to the side the holds the mag in and took .4mm out of the side that contacts the frame when you're pulling back on the release.

I'll get this one printed in the morning and fingers crossed it's good to go, if not I think I'll measure again against the real one I've got on loan and see how they made this work.

#63 ·
Well, this is the best I can do. All dimensions are good, once the mag is started free it drops right out if you hold the tab back, but it still takes 2 hands to get the mag started on it's way out. There is a lot of fore/aft movement of the mags, so maybe mine are just loosey goosey? They CLACK in with a very positive noise and won't be falling out anytime (one of my revisions had them falling out all over the place). It does take a whack or two to get the pin in, slightly different tolerances with the Nylon vs PLA and there's just not enough accuracy in the program to fix it, it'd either be tight or wiggly, so tight it how I went. They feed rounds great on my table, but so did the previously tested version, and it nose-upped when actually fired about 1 x per mag, so we'll have to see how this does at the range. Here's a WAY TOO BIG blurry picture!

Jeans Wood Grey Denim Hardwood

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.