Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
supposedly, he was on an FBI watch list as well due to comments he made about Trumps handling of immigration. Would think that should have thrown a flag during the background check process. . .

·
Premium Member
4,624 Posts
supposedly, he was on an FBI watch list as well due to comments he made about Trumps handling of immigration. Would think that should have thrown a flag during the background check process. . .
Only if the anti-gun brigade didn't want him to buy. Yeah, I think the whole thing is a false flag, just like most of the "mass shootings." And anyone who doesn't think the hardcore left would orchestrate the deaths of innocent people to further their agenda is even crazier than I am. There is no length to which they will not go, of that I am convinced.

·
Premium Member
4,624 Posts
Ever notice these things happen when the glorious leaders want to enact new gun laws.
'Zactly what I've been saying - very interesting timing, nearly every time!

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Thank you both. Wife and I were just talking about this. Seems everytime we hear about "common sense" gun laws there's a new shooting to prove we need them. Like Rach, never considered myself a conspiracy nut, but it does seem a little....convenient
Yeah. We will keep seeing these shootings until they get their shiny new AWB passed, then the shootings will just fade away...for a while. That is, until they decide to go after handgun ownership and concealed carry.

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Vice Media is pushing the narrative hard. They just keep repeating how the ban was struck down and that's how/why the guy got the rifle. He's from Arvada, not Boulder, and he bought it from Eagle's Nest Armory in Denver. Where he passed a background check, despite people now trying to blame the FFL for selling it to him.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Yeah. We will keep seeing these shootings until they get their shiny new Assault Weapons Ban passed, then the shootings will just fade away...for a while. That is, until they decide to go after handgun ownership and concealed carry.
I think some of the States and many counties are going to push back hard against any possible restrictions on the 2nd Amendment liberties of the people. There are over 1,150 2nd Amendment Sanctuary counties across the United States now.

Take a look at this website: National Maps Archives - Sanctuary Counties

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
2,946 Posts
I think some of the States and many counties are going to push back hard against any possible restrictions on the 2nd Amendment liberties of the people. There are over 1,150 2nd Amendment Sanctuary counties across the United States now.

It's a start, but only problem is it just means local or state police will not enforce federal laws that infringe the 2nd - they cannot stop federal officers from doing so I don't think.

Now, I am also not sure if the local police will be a buffer between feds and you - that would be something some of our leos on here could prolly explain better.

·
Premium Member
4,624 Posts
It's a start, but only problem is it just means local or state police will not enforce federal laws that infringe the 2nd - they cannot stop federal officers from doing so I don't think.
If Prohibition is anything to go by, federal agents would be unable to enforce federal laws on a national scale without local help. Despite some pretty spectacular successes, the feds were largely ineffective during the 13 years Prohibition was the law of the land. Even the successes, for the most part, were accomplished with the help and cooperation of the locals. What I see here, however, is a largely divided opinion in local law enforcement. Some are opposed to anything that violates the 2A while the others will follow whatever orders are given (there are many reasons for this, not all aimed at supporting tyrannical left policies). So, in the end, it becomes a numbers game. Enough local support to enforce a law or laws that are unenforcable by federal agencies alone?

Reactions: Visper

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts

Looks good, but there is still a lot of "gray" area, that needs to turn green!

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Another county in Utah just became a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary. Weber County has now joined.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Printz Vs USA says Federal govt cannot compel States to enforce Fed laws, and Fed govt cannot directly command State officers/officials to enforce Fed laws.

That still leaves the ATF and FBI to do dirty work though.

Understand, in the case above.. it was in regards to forcing Chief LEOs to do bg checks and paperwork for FFLs, until the NICS/Fed database got complete. The suit was brought forward by sheriffs.

Immigration lawyers have used this SCOTUS decision as justification for sanctuary cities and states... :rolleyes:

Gun right groups should absolutely use this decision along with McDonald vs Chicago, Heller vs DC, against Fed bs

21 - 32 of 32 Posts