Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still want an XLR. 30-30 would be fine, but just maybe Marlin would see fit to make it in 7mm Waters. Wonder how long before Ruger starts turning them out?

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
From their website:

Chief Executive Officer Christopher J. Killoy noted the excitement that has permeated the firearms industry in anticipation of the confluence of these two iconic firearms brands, "Since we announced the agreement to purchase Marlin in September, we have heard from countless members of the firearms community - consumers, retailers, distributors, writers, and collectors - who are delighted that legendary Marlin rifles are now part of the Ruger product family. We are excited to start moving these assets to our Ruger facilities and setting up the manufacturing cells that will produce Marlin rifles for years to come. We look forward to re-introducing Marlin rifles in the latter half of 2021."

I'm betting Christmas.

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saw the same notice. I just sort of figured the latter half if 2021 started July 1st. :(

Reactions: histed

·
Premium Member
35,829 Posts
In HP speak, it would mean...maybe 2026.

Reactions: Twisty

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reactions: Think1st

·
Registered
118 Posts
.44 Mag rifles have their use. Loads of power and some range to go with it Even a 9mm carbine will produce far more power then its shorter barreled piston cousins.
We did an unofficial test on 9mm pistols one day. We used a very old water heater for a target. (made back when they were very heavy steel). The 9mm pistols would dent in, but not penitrate the casing of the water heater. now, same ammo in a 16" Barreled Beretta CX-4 Storm and the bullets easily penitrated the first wall and made a large outward bulge as the slug had lots of extra energy and wanted to keep right on going through the opposite side. Large difference in power and I can only image the brute force of the .44 Mag in that length barrel.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Honestly, I'd love to get my hands on an 1894 CL in 32-20 or .32 H&R Mag/.327 Federal. BTW, I own a pre-Remington 1894 in .44 Mag and it would have a hard time being a more handy short range deer rifle.

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ruger is having a job fair and is hiring for their North Carolina plant. One position listed is “Lever Action Technician”. Just maybe they will produce their lever action here!

Reactions: ajole and lklawson

·
Premium Member
35,829 Posts
Ruger is having a job fair and is hiring for their North Carolina plant. One position listed is “Lever Action Technician”. Just maybe they will produce their lever action here!
Very cool! Hope they can get workers, and hope the workers care enough to be good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts