Just another reason NOT to buy a Glock....your wife

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by SWAGA, Jul 14, 2015.

1. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...glock-wanted-my-wife-so-he-had-me-jailed.html

2. slade601

slade601 Member

Damn.... I just bought a glock 22..

No regrets!

3. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    So...now Glocks are going to become collectible, and rare?

:rofl:

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    muther huffer is old enough to still be a Nazi... :rofl:

5. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I didn't know any of this and it just reinforces my dislike for the company and, by extension, the product.

This bit, in particular, tweaks me: "Glock had a special disdain for his American employees"

OK, fine. You don't like the nation that is the biggest single buyer of your over-hyped and over-rated product? There are, literally, dozens of other gun companies making products every bit as good, and often better, a great many of which are Domestic. Screw you Mr. Glock and the horse you rode in on. I'll buy an Indonesian or Central/South American made gun before I buy your Austrian brick of metal and plastic.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

6. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I have heard that H&K has a particular disdain for their customers. Nevertheless, everyone who can afford one, wants one. They're kind of like the soup Nazis of the gun industry. Instead of, "No soup for you!" it's "No gun for you!" But like the soup Nazi's product, people line up to take the abuse because it's just a part of the cost of getting something that is just that good.

Drifted from the rails in record time!

7. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

H&K customer service sucks. We dont use them for that reason. Other departments have bought them and can not get parts (free) like they stated when the departments bought them. They are now getting rid of them.

8. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Too much money ~ The root of most evil...

(Not You, EvilE424)

eldar

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2015
  9. Think1st

Florida
    What--ya' tryin' to say she's broke? How rude.

10. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

How can YOU of all folk misinterpret what I had written...?

eldar

11. Every time I hear of this sort of carp from Glock, it almost makes me want to sell mine. I really wish I had bought S&W instead, but now I would have to change holsters. I bought Glock because of the price cut I got, but in the long run a SD40 would have been less without a discount. IMO the only thing the glock has on a SD40 is more holster choices. And an M&P has just as much, or more going for it than the glock.

I do like my glocks, but I am not a fanboi by any means. I will never buy another one. On the up side I picked up a police trade in a LGS, a 38spl GP100, I paid too much though. But I wanted it and couldn't resist even though I could have got a new one for a 100 bucks more through Buds.

12. Think1st

Florida
    I guess I should have added a :p to my post. Didn't the overuse of contractions indicate that I was being facetious?

13. Think1st

Florida
    I heard that S&W paid Jannuzzo to say all of that so that they could gain more ground against Glock...

14. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Only if 'facetious' is mispronounced 'face si ush'...

eldar

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2015
  15. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Sounds like Januzzo had reason to say it without being 'goaded' by S&W...

eldar

16. I still can't wait to get my glock 42 and really want a glock 43 lol

17. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I wouldn't mind somebody giving me a 41,42 and a 43 lol

18. Can't agree with you more there lol

19. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Why anyONE would want to own a FUGLY looking pistol like a Block is beyond me...

smh

eldar

20. Think1st

Florida
    Sometimes, a clean, utilitarian appearance has a special beauty of its own. They look pretty nice to me.