Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I liked the 9mm so much that I knew I would be getting another High Point hand gun, but I have always liked .45's so that's what I bought.

The gun shop/pawn shop/junk store/fence had a nice selection of High Point hand guns in the display. New and used, black and green. Even, I think, a C9 comp.

They were out of mags, but they do stock them. I will post my impressions after I put some rounds through it. It fits my hand much better than the 9mm, and I was pleased with how it shot, so I have high hopes for the .45acp to be as good.

Thanks,
-Spiker

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
Woo hoo! Welcome to the JHP world Spiker! :D

think range reports... wanna see how it cprs to your C9 after ya get familiar w/it.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Hope you enjoy your JHP as much as I do mine. I'm sure you will.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heh, Thanks for the replies. I don't really have a "range". We just go out to my buds mother's farm and set up targets and shoot.

I didn't buy enough ammo to put hundreds of rounds through it yet, but soon I'll have a few hundred to play with.

I live in east central Ohio, land of hills and staggering unemployment. :D

-Spiker

·
Registered
32 Posts
Spiker, just curious how you like your 45 over your C9. Just got the 9 a few weeks ago and a 40 or 45 will be my next purchase.

Also, backyard ranges are great (aka FREE!!) but if you are interested in an indoor for the more fridgid months Ohio Valley Outdoors in Lancaster is great.

Also, since you are in central OH too, where did you buy your 45? I got my C9 at vance's on Cleveland ave. and they had a ton but I didn't ask about the higher calibers. You never know these days who has ANYTHING in stock...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm in EAST central Ohio. Fifty miles from Wheeling WV.

The place I bought the .45 is called "County Coins" in Cambridge, Ohio.

I will report back once I have put some rounds through it. It may take a couple weeks though as the ammo is a bit hard to locate lately, and I am now broke.

-Spike

·
Registered
850 Posts
Vance's has the .45 and the .40 for $179 and they do have them in stock. They still have the 995's as well.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
You know come to think of it, I haven't taken my .40 and .45 out for a walk in awhile......

Remember those couple of rounds might be a big EPA concern, you better not shoot them out doors a judge might put an injunction on you.

First the national parks, next your range......

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just wanted to add a quict photo of my new JHP 45G (before I put the slip on OD Green grip on).
This is a sweet shooter too, I put 150 rounds through and not a single hicup!

I don't think the paint will stay on though since I already see a little coming off at the ejection port, no matter! I didn't buy it to set it on a shel and gaulk over it......

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Are these Hi-Points turning green from envy? Could it be motion sickness from the recoil? Are or they just transforming into something bad assed like the Hulk? Remember the line just before he changed?....... Don't make me angry, you wouldn't me when I'm angry.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Are these Hi-Points turning green from envy? Could it be motion sickness from the recoil? Are or they just transforming into something bad assed like the Hulk? Remember the line just before he changed?....... Don't make me angry, you wouldn't me when I'm angry.
Awsome, I was going to put that in my sig line

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
:welcome:

Lots to see, do and learn around here and plenty of folks to answear all your hipoint questions. Enjoy :rolleyes2: :yes: :thinking:
But remember

Hipoint the addiction for which there is no cure :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Jet

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
LOL! Nicely said Mules!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.