Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally pulled the trigger and bought a new c9 at my local gun shop! $184 out the door but only a white box, no case. I had a few buddys who told me not do it because it was a hi point but they are still single and can spend $600 on a glock or springfield, I have more important obligations. So anyway I'm shooting it tomorrow and I can't wait! Last but not least I thought I saw on here that you can use a crossman? air gun holster for the c9? True? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Hi, my name is Broomhead and I am a Hi-Point addict.
Everyone said:
Hello Broomhead.
Welcome to our support group.
There are five steps in our program.
Step 1: Buy ammo and send it down range.
Step 2: Buy more Hi-Points.
Step 3: Laugh at all the Gun Snobs for paying way too much, then out shoot them at the range.
Step 4: Happily spread your addiction to others whenever possible.
Step 5:Repeat steps 1 through 4 endlessly.
Unfortunately, these are not steps to recovery.
There is no recovery.
:devilsidesmile::devilsidesmile::devilsidesmile:

-->Go Here and read. My compilation of common malfunctions, their causes, and fixes.<--

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. A reasonable price I must say. I bought the holster offered on the Hi Point web site and not to happy with it. So went to the gun store and bought a size 3 by bulldog. I like it much better. But, that is my choice. Yours may be different.

Just remember, ALL pistols need a break in period. Some say 200 rounds the "experts" say 400 to 500 rounds. Expect problems. If you don't have any then be pleasantly surprised.

Enjoy and we look forward to your range report.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jeepindirty

Congrats on your new C9 :)

I've had mine coming up on a year now and no problems to report. Don't listen to the haters and gun snobs!!!

I understand the Crosman holster works nicely, but I personally use an Uncle Mike's Sidekick Ambidextrous Hip Holster (Size 15) (click here) which has a spring steel clip to attach it to your belt, a thumb break retention strap, and carries an extra magazine, too. I think mine was $30 at Bass Pro, but I just bought another one for Dad (same size and all) at Sportsman's Warehouse for $20. Dad was California Highway Patrol for 30+ years and loves the way it works for his new S&W M&P 40C. That's his horseback riding gun and the holster he carries it in on the trail :)

Stay safe, shoot straight, and have fun ;)

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Congrats! Hope you enoy it. I got a crossman holster at Wallyworld for about 7 bucks and it works just fine with the C9.

Post pics in your range reports if you can.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Those Crossman holsters seem to work so good for real firearms that the two Wal-marts in my area sell out of them every week. They still have the airsoft pistols but no holsters. I actually bought an airsoft over the shoulder rig for $12 at one point in time and cut and re-sewed it so that it would fit a Davis 380. It sadly was too small for my C9 so I tore it apart and am in the process of using it as a template to make a new over the shoulder out of leather. I'm also going to get the HP2 Kydex holster for those open carry days but they run around $25. Congratulations on your purchase and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
So I finally pulled the trigger and bought a new c9 at my local gun shop!
Uh... are you sure that sequence is correct? :) As for the price, you'll spend the same $600 that your friends shelled out; the only difference is that you can do it over time on ammo. Woot!

BTW -- another satisfied Crossman user here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.