Just bought a new Taurus

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Glennfrank, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Glennfrank

Glennfrank Member

CT
    Hey guys.
    So I took the GF to the gunshop Sunday to get her first firearm (hipoint 995 of course) and while she was filling out her paperwork I came across a 9mm Taurus 24/7 Pro Long Slide Stainless. I fell in love with it as soon as I held it. But. since I already have a Glock 19 I walked away from it but it bothered me for the rest of the day. So on New Years Eve at 10am I was back in the store buying it with an extra mag for $299.00 :twisted:
    I had gone shooting with my brother on Saturday and he expressed a desire to possibly buy the Glock. So we'll see. Not saying I don't like glocks.. just that this gun, unlike the Glock 19, felt right in my hand as soon as I picked it up (i have big hands). I always felt like I was fighting the Glock for control...

Plus the Taurus 24/7 Pro looks great next to the Ruger P345 I bought myself for my birthday (both have black polymer base/grips and stainless slides.

(sorry about the lack of pics - I don't have a digital camera and the GF's was MIA this weekend [she never can find anything when I need it for some reason :? ]). I will do my best to find it & take some pics.

2. NICE! Love them Taurus, particularly the wheel guns, but the 24/7 line is really nice, love the double action/single action feature.

3. [​IMG]

You shoulda seen this one coming dude... :wink:

4. Glennfrank

Glennfrank Member

CT
    Haha, I knew it was coming Primal. Don't worry I will take a group shot after I put the ATI Stock on my 995.

Taurus: yeah that was actually a big selling point for me. I don't know if you all remember but I was looking at the 24/7 in .45 a couple weeks back when I ended up with the Ruger p345. So I ended up getting what I wanted... just in a different caliber. :lol: