Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's pretty banged up but a trip back to Hi Point will fix that. Wasn't really planning on buying it either. Just stumbled upon it today. Oh yeah, I got it for $100 out the door. So add 7 bucks to shipping it back home and I'll have one for under $110. So if you think these can only be had in the $200 plus range, look a little harder and you'll find one.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Congrats on a nice score. I try to keep my eyes open for deals like that. I'm still looking. :blink:

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
It's pretty banged up but a trip back to Hi Point will fix that. Wasn't really planning on buying it either. Just stumbled upon it today. Oh yeah, I got it for $100 out the door. So add 7 bucks to shipping it back home and I'll have one for under $110. So if you think these can only be had in the $200 plus range, look a little harder and you'll find one.
great job on the find. i knew they werent worth the 200 + people were price gouging with. however, that is an awesome deal. is it STOLEN. lol. just kiddin.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No it isn't stolen. I got it at Vance's actually. I went in there to look for the Phoenix Arms .22 that I've been wanting, which I also got. So I was looking in the Hi Point case and the comp was sitting there. Looked at the tag and knew I had to snatch it up. I won't have it for the meet because I plan on shipping it out Thursday. I'll take a before and after pic as well. R1100 I was hoping you would see this thread because I thought you might like this story especially after some of the things being discussed on the forums.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
No it isn't stolen. I got it at Vance's actually. I went in there to look for the Phoenix Arms .22 that I've been wanting, which I also got. So I was looking in the Hi Point case and the comp was sitting there. Looked at the tag and knew I had to snatch it up. I won't have it for the meet because I plan on shipping it out Thursday. I'll take a before and after pic as well. R1100 I was hoping you would see this thread because I thought you might like this story especially after some of the things being discussed on the forums.
what in the world lol, how many guns do you buy a month? i'd be lucky to get a couple guns a year. and here you are buying everything you see lmao. must be nice ;).

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I specifically keep myself a toy fund. And when you're single and have cheap rent you get to make a couple more purchases a year. I did sell a couple of my guns here in the past couple of months too, so I had to replace them. But yes I agree I have a problem and it's making firearm purchases.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
No I specifically keep myself a toy fund. And when you're single and have cheap rent you get to make a couple more purchases a year. I did sell a couple of my guns here in the past couple of months too, so I had to replace them. But yes I agree I have a problem and it's making firearm purchases.
problem? sounds more like the solution to me :D. i have a girlfriend, that in and of itself says i cant make many purchases.

p.s are you still coming to the meet even if its raining?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I'm going to make it there regardless, unless its pouring down. But yeah dude, I know what you mean money wise. I lived with my ex girlfriend for almost 2 years I think? Definitely did not get to buy as many toys as I do now.

·
Premium Member
36,069 Posts
great job on the find. i knew they werent worth the 200 + people were price gouging with. however, that is an awesome deal. is it STOLEN. lol. just kiddin.
So if you think these can only be had in the $200 plus range, look a little harder and you'll find one.
Seriously guys...I looked for 8 months, and in the last 10 months I have kept looking. I have seen none under $200. Yeah you got one. Good for you. I got a Yugo SKS last Thanksgiving for $125 just three weeks after the election, what did they cost where you are? I got a CF-380 for $80 last spring...how's your prices? Got a 4095 for $250 with 500 rounds included just 5 months ago, so the carbine actually cost about $140 with a red dot on it...have you even SEEN any 4095's for sale lately?

Do you not get it? Quit insulting everyone. Just because Vance's doesn't know what they are worth doesn't mean everyone else is ignorant. We have been looking our butts off, and apparently, only Ohio has any in the under $200 range. And I think you bought the only one in existence. Great, now they are probably extinct. :devilsidesmile:

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
So if you think these can only be had in the $200 plus range, look a little harder and you'll find one.
Seriously guys...I looked for 8 months, and in the last 10 months I have kept looking. I have seen none under $200. Yeah you got one. Good for you. I got a Yugo SKS last Thanksgiving for $125 just three weeks after the election, what did they cost where you are? I got a CF-380 for $80 last spring...how's your prices? Got a 4095 for $250 with 500 rounds included just 5 months ago, so the carbine actually cost about $140 with a red dot on it...have you even SEEN any 4095's for sale lately?

Do you not get it? Quit insulting everyone. Just because Vance's doesn't know what they are worth doesn't mean everyone else is ignorant. We have been looking our butts off, and apparently, only Ohio has any in the under $200 range. And I think you bought the only one in existence. Great, now they are probably extinct. :devilsidesmile:
so now its an insult to state my opinion? in that case you should keep your insults to yourself. i have never looked for a 4095. i can pick up a .380 tomorrow for 80. same with a c9. tomorrow if i wanted it. well, not tomorrow as i dont have that to spend lol. but friday i could. i could also pick up a brand new 995 ts for 220. yes thats 220. not 260. they are on sale right now.

you also know the old saying. "its only worth what somebody will pay for it". as for me, its only worth 150. or LESS. more likely less.

·
Premium Member
36,069 Posts
No, it isn't an insult to state your opinion.

It IS an insult to say that the guy asking an amount that many are willing to pay, is price gouging.
You are actually accusing him of breaking the law in some places...

And as we both seem to be saying, prices vary from place to place...so your opinion isn't really any more valid than anyone elses in regards to what anything is worth in any place other than where you are.
insinuating that your opinion is the only valid one, and that those that don't agree with you are are either too lazy to look hard, or too stupid to find the great deal you or someone else did; is insulting. And someone did insinuate that...

It is amazingly great that keby found a deal like that. Too bad he only bought it to rub it in the face of the rest of us, and so took it out of circulation for those who actually WANT it, and now has to rub it in the face of those that have been trying so hard to find one...at ANY price.

Get it yet?

And BTW, the TS isn't $260 in my AO either...its cheaper, even when NOT on sale....well, OK, only $10 cheaper...

you also know the old saying. "its only worth what somebody will pay for it". as for me, its only worth 150. or LESS. more likely less.
Yes, I do know that saying...and since EVERY COMP I have seen in the last 18 months (other than keby's) was over $200...what does that tell you the value is, to the rest of us? If you want one, and only value it at $150, you better talk to keby, as no one else will sell you one for that price. Unless Vance's has another one...?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Keby,

Congrats. So your the one who bought the second C9 comp Vances had.

They had two well used ones last week. I got the first one for $79 + tax. It's still at Hi-point getting reworked. Ended up having to get a second C9 instead along with a new rifle.

Ajole,

Not intending to insult you. I have seen them at Vances numerous times. Usually $79-99 in very very well used condition. Seen a total of 7 in the last three months.

Walt

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you Walt4595. They are not as hard to find in this area as they are in others. But the fact that the original poster on this forum was an Ohio resident and was a jerk to me and a couple other members of the forum, then yes I will call him out for price gouging. I offered $180 for the gun. Taking into consideration that he said the gun was worth $30 more than the C9 when it was being produced compared to prices right now that would be $159 for the comp, if it was currently being produced. So if I want a used C9 I can get one here in Ohio for less than $100. So I did offer him twice as much for what I can get a used C9 for. We are all in a disagreement on what's going on here. Yes I was pissed about the original poster and yes I wasn't planning on buying the gun and bought it out of spite. Big deal, I'm going to shoot it and enjoy the hell out of it and won't be selling it but if I do I will not be selling it for a profit.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok. I'm done being a D Bag now. I'm sorry to all I have offended and been a jerk to, I hate being that guy on the forum. Fact of the matter is though that here in central Ohio in the past 6 months to a year it seems that people are getting rid of the comp. So I'm done being lame and complaining now. I intend on not selling this and will enjoy the gun greatly. I will do the right thing now and post before and after pics containing toes and a range report when I get the comp back from the homeland.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
No, it isn't an insult to state your opinion.

It IS an insult to say that the guy asking an amount that many are willing to pay, is price gouging.
You are actually accusing him of breaking the law in some places...

And as we both seem to be saying, prices vary from place to place...so your opinion isn't really any more valid than anyone elses in regards to what anything is worth in any place other than where you are.
insinuating that your opinion is the only valid one, and that those that don't agree with you are are either too lazy to look hard, or too stupid to find the great deal you or someone else did; is insulting. And someone did insinuate that...

It is amazingly great that keby found a deal like that. Too bad he only bought it to rub it in the face of the rest of us, and so took it out of circulation for those who actually WANT it, and now has to rub it in the face of those that have been trying so hard to find one...at ANY price.

Get it yet?

And BTW, the TS isn't $260 in my AO either...its cheaper, even when NOT on sale....well, OK, only $10 cheaper...

Yes, I do know that saying...and since EVERY COMP I have seen in the last 18 months (other than keby's) was over $200...what does that tell you the value is, to the rest of us? If you want one, and only value it at $150, you better talk to keby, as no one else will sell you one for that price. Unless Vance's has another one...?
Keby,

Congrats. So your the one who bought the second C9 comp Vances had.

They had two well used ones last week. I got the first one for $79 + tax. It's still at Hi-point getting reworked. Ended up having to get a second C9 instead along with a new rifle.

Ajole,

Not intending to insult you. I have seen them at Vances numerous times. Usually $79-99 in very very well used condition. Seen a total of 7 in the last three months.

Walt
ahahahahhahahahahhahhahahahhahahah

ok now i think i'm done

wwhaahalahahhahahahahahahahahhhhahhahaha

ok now really i'm done. did ya read that? boo ya. eat it. i dont care. my opinion is that they are worth 150 or less. probably less. and any body who disagrees i just dont care. over pay.

ok, i'm done being a d bag too. congrats on the find keby. i hope to see you this weekend. this thread makes me all giggly inside and i just cant help it. may be my favorite one ever. thanks to the original poster for the warm feelings that make this forum "home".

·
Premium Member
36,069 Posts
Damn. $80?
Where were all these guns when I was looking for one!? :mad:

If anybody sees another like that, please let us know? Especially a .380 COMP...Seriously, I want one bad...

Keby, class act bud, thanks, and I take back any mean stuff I said in my own exasperation and frustration, if you'll let me. Have fun with that gun!

R1100...good for you. Wish there was a Vance's within a 1000 miles of me and the others of us on the various forums that have been looking for months and months and months...

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Ya'll need to chill before this thread gets locked. Thats not how we act here.

Congrats on a great find to Keby. Wish all of us were that lucky.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Good deal man, I got mine for about $120 and thought that was good! I had to send mine in as well (it looked like crap) but HP fixed 'er up and gave me an extra 8rnd mag for my troubles.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts