just came back from shooting my c9.....

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by gabriel c., Mar 22, 2008.

1. for the very first time and all i can say is daaaaaaamn. ive been trying to go shooting since i bought the gun in january. the weather is finally right so i made way out to the desert after work, targets, ammo(wwb box of 100, not enough) and my c9. tight groupings at about 30-35 feet. i rapid fired the hell out of the c9 and it performed flawlessly. not a single jam. not at all disappointed with my c9. this time i will stock up on some more ammo for sure and i might switch out the rear sights for the ghost ring. i need to get the wife interested in shooting with me that way i have i reason to get me another c9. i will do a search on here on cleaning the gun but what do you guys use? what is a good lubricant for the slide and all the other parts? can i get away with using what i find at wal-mart? thanks, and all i can say now is i love me c9 and cant wait to go back out.

2. Space

Space Member

NH
    Congrats on getting to fire you new gun.

I simply use a bore snake and spray it out with CLP. No need to take it all apart.

3. Yup, 100 rounds is not near enough. Congrats on your success!

I use some Hopps cleaner and a bore snake. Then spread a little lube around.

4. Need.................... more..................... ammo..................!!!!

Good for you! Keep shooting and practicing.

5. Space

Space Member

NH
  6. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

really, all you need for a good functioning Hi-Point is a can of that lube/cleaner spray stuff.. and MAYBE and bore snake just to be sure.

just spray the hell out of the innards of the gun and barrel, run bore snake down it, and be done.

7. Congrats on getting out to shoot your C9. I got to shoot mine for the first time about 2 wks ago. I had less ammo!! I had about 40 rounds to shoot through it. I was absolutely impressed but also disappointed cause I didn't have more ammo.

Since then I have bought a box of 100 WWB FMJ, and will get another box or two before I get to the range again.

I am seriously thinking on getting the 995 carbine when my Bush stimulus check comes in.

8. I just bought another 900 rds of heavy ball 7.62x54r, cost 150 bucks and I have not fired one round of it yet, but I sit and look at those three little cans of ammo and think "need more of it"

Buying ammo can get to be an addiction

9. can break free CLP be bought locally like at gun shop or wal-mart or is this something you can only get trough the net?

10. I bought spray break free and spray break free power blaster cleaner (cleaner works very good, be careful on plastic ) at my local wal mart in the gun dept

11. Space

Space Member

NH
    You can also get Gun Scrubber at WalMart. Just get the plastic/synthetic safe one (white can). Works good too.

12. kalacop

kalacop Guest

carb cleaner ok?

13. It may melt plastic, be careful about that

14. kalacop

kalacop Guest

hey, this might interest you http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=35537

15. Thanks for the link, but you are not helping my addiction any :lol:

16. I LOVE BREAK FREE!!! that stuff is great!!! Cleans up the ol hipoint real quick, I use after every use. I use hopps oil and a hopps brush kit for the barrel. Cleans up in no time!!