Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up with a massive headache. To the point I called out to my daughter for help. I was getting nauseous and was going to the hospital.

Did not make it. Ii collapsed and the daughter called the ambulance. Looks like I had some minor bleeding. Waiting on an MRI. They are trying to rule out a stroke. If they can, I will go home today.

Wish me luck. Thanks.

• Sad
Reactions: SDProf and RandyB

·
Administrator
29,361 Posts
Ack! Prayers.

Get better soon, my friend.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Super Moderator
10,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like I had a Transient Ischemic Attack, commonly called a mini stroke. The good news is a TIA dosent cause lasting brain damage. Instructions are to rest today and tomorrow I can go back to normal with no restrictions. Good news.

·
Administrator
29,361 Posts
Looks like I had a Transient Ischemic Attack, commonly called a mini stroke. The good news is a TIA dosent cause lasting brain damage.
But tend to not only happen once.

Instructions are to rest today and tomorrow I can go back to normal with no restrictions. Good news.
Good news. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,419 Posts
Woke up with a massive headache. To the point I called out to my daughter for help. I was getting nauseous and was going to the hospital.

Did not make it. Ii collapsed and the daughter called the ambulance. Looks like I had some minor bleeding. Waiting on an MRI. They are trying to rule out a stroke. If they can, I will go home today.

Wish me luck. Thanks.
WTF greg_r? You need mole and Trashy to come over and rub your tummy? Get better buddy

·
Premium Member
26,495 Posts
Looks like I had a Transient Ischemic Attack, commonly called a mini stroke. The good news is a TIA dosent cause lasting brain damage. Instructions are to rest today and tomorrow I can go back to normal with no restrictions. Good news.
Well that's good to hear as compared to the much worse alternatives.

Did they confirm with an MRI, DWI, or just the CT? What shows up as a TIA in a CT can in fact be a full blown stroke when imaged properly with an MRI or DWI, due to the low sensitivity of a CT machine. Because you've had the TIA, you're probability of having a full blown stroke in the next 90 days had increased exponentially and current studies show that the lasting residual damage from a TIA are cumulative. Like hearing loss, they are a damage over time event. My grandfather died of a stroke after suffering dozens of TIA's out of nowhere. They started coming like clockwork.

Just be careful, ask questions, and don't accept any answer you don't think hasn't been fully explained.

·
Premium Member
26,495 Posts
Or Brilinta or Plavix, or any of the dozen other ones... 😆

·
Super Moderator
10,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well that's good to hear as compared to the much worse alternatives.

Did they confirm with an MRI, DWI, or just the CT? What shows up as a TIA in a CT can in fact be a full blown stroke when imaged properly with an MRI or DWI, due to the low sensitivity of a CT machine. Because you've had the TIA, you're probability of having a full blown stroke in the next 90 days had increased exponentially and current studies show that the lasting residual damage from a TIA are cumulative. Like hearing loss, they are a damage over time event. My grandfather died of a stroke after suffering dozens of TIA's out of nowhere. They started coming like clockwork.

Just be careful, ask questions, and don't accept any answer you don't think hasn't been fully explained.
They did a CT scan, then another one with Contrast. This morning they did an MRI. I do not know what a DWI is. They talked about a spinal tap to check for meningitis, but all the doctors thought it was too risky and the possibility of meningitis was too low to even be a possibility. That was before the MRI.

·
Super Moderator
10,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Super Moderator
10,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Reactions: Chef Duane

·
Super Moderator
10,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
21,419 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,495 Posts
Diffusion Weighted Imaging. Basically it looks for the movement of fluid in the body. A fresh bleed will show up as bright white and blockages/pooling as dark spots against the usual gray, grayish, and grayer shades of the brain scan. It's a high speed, low drag version of an MRI.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Super Moderator
10,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 32 Posts