Just curious

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by wsmccurry, May 14, 2015.

1. I have always enjoyed shooting Hi Point firearms but consider them a bit to big for concealed carry. I was wondering if anyone here does conceal carry one?

2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Yes you can and several have.
    Mostly the C9 but on occasion the .40 and .45 also.
    You need a cheap holster and a good belt lol.
    One of the supporting vendors here (Alien Gear) makes very nice IWB holsters.
    I personally don't carry my JHP, it's my nightstand and car trip gun.

3. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

I carry my C(. It is and has been the only thing I have ever carried. Well, I did carry my JCP .40 twice, but it was a bit too much.

Like SWAGA said, a good belt is a must. I don't necessarily use a "gun belt", but a good quality leather one.

I do use the Alien Gear IWB holster for most days. Occasionally, for just a quick run to the store, I do use just a cheap Unlce Mikes IWB holster too

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I bought the K-Holster for my C9, it was one of the first IWB hybrid types available.

I "have" carried the C9, but I have better options for that, so I "don't" carry the C9. But I definitely "could", if I wanted or needed to.;)

This is the CZ-82 in a K-Holster, but I don't have a pic of the C9 in one.

[​IMG]

5. I have concealed a Hi point c9 for a couple years now. I have recently bought a Alien Hear cloak tuck 2.0 iwb. I love the holster and I make sure to wear a looser T shirt but as I'm aware I haven't been printed yet. I usually carry my glock 26 but my wife likes to carry it because it's smaller and she has a purse she can conceal it in. So I usually carry the HI point but I haven't had any problems at all even though it is heavy.

6. I have carried my room mate's C9 OWB in tall's old belt slide a couple of times, and I carried his old JCP once OWB, but I have found that the shoulder rig for my Hardballer works for it as well. have done it 4 times total since I bought the JCP a few months ago.

I will admit that I like my Jimenez JA Nine for CC as it is about the same weight as a C9, but it holds 5 more rounds than a C9. Weight and capacity are not issues to me as I have carried an AMT Hardballer or a 6 inch Ruger GP100 for the past 24 years. The JA Nine is just easier to conceal in street clothes than the other options during warm weather.