Just for Bull. Swedish FSR Rifle

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Zone' started by OldOutlaw, Oct 16, 2014.

1. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

This is a 1900 M96 FSR rifle. Built in Oberndorf, Germany for Sweden. Stock is the original numbered one with the 85 degree butt plate even. Hand guard is not matching. Was rebarreled apparently just before imported here. The barrel actually measures 6.49mm from muzzle to throat. Has been in a friends collection for decades. It has a rare Hauges Diopter rear sight and an even rarer Hauges front sight tunnel and it came with 7 impossible to find inserts for it. Hauges sights were sent from Norway to Sweden. This is the very first version of both sights. No cast or pot metal used. They were considered by many in Scandinavia to be the best of all the sights. Have not had a chance to even get this one to the range yet, but will be next one to go.

As many of these target rifles were hand built, a few parts do not match. When I looked at the pics, I did see it had a stippled trigger guard. So, it had to be a replacement. But, after getting the rifle in a got a wonderful surprise. The entire trigger assembly was actually one built for a CG-63 target rifle. Made by Carl Gustaf Company. It is virtually like new. Trigger face has no wear to the finish. The two stage trigger is as good as any built today. Someone in Sweden put a lot of Kroner into this gun. Very happy with this one. Nothing fancy about this one, just precision built by an approved Swede Gunsmith for target rifles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. What a beautiful piece! Thanks for all the info as well, made it that much more amazing!

3. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1413518414.105781.jpg
    Absolutely gorgeous....... Way cool find. Range report is definitely a must for that beauty!

4. OldOutlaw

In a little bit, I am going to post the finest Swede I have seen so far, let alone was able to buy on the cheap! :)

5. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Thanks for posting about that beautiful piece.....

6. Bull

I don't own any milsurp arms yet, but a Swede is definitely on my list before any others.... I'd love to get into that round, and tailor hand loads for it.

7. OldOutlaw

Very pleasant to shoot. Little guy like me can shoot them all day and never feel it. They are really good with commercial Prvi ammo, but my hand loads can be some thing to behold if I have a good day. These very long bullets are designed for long range stability. Excellent for any long range shooting. With a diopter like this I only sight in for 200 to 250 yards any longer. I am good to go to 600 with my FSR and CG-63 rifles. I out shoot myself with these versus my scoped rifles. Human eye sees better with the diopter effect than eye does with a scope for a pretty darned long distance.

If you ever get serious about getting one, I will help you find a Swede based on your criteria. I have a few connections in the Swede world.

8. Bull

Thanks brother.... Those you've posted are definite works of military art at its finest.... I've never shot one, but I've read the same as you've posted to the inherent accuracy of that round..

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
  10. Bull

As much as I'd love to get one..... It's definitely a future project..... Maybe not far future, but definitely not today either.

11. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Do your connections include blondes?

12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I'm semi serious about one. I'd prefer an M38, but a 96 would be fine.

But the big deal...can one be found with target sights for under $400?:confused:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  13. OldOutlaw

Loaded too hot for any Military rifle. This is loaded for the newly made rifles.

14. undeRGRound

INDY
    Yes, and brunettes, redheads, etc... ;)

Good to know! Many times milsurp of any type is hotter than civilian ammo...

On a lighter note, when I first saw this, it looked just like
    "for Bull only, Swedish FISH" :D
    He does like his chow ;)

Attached Files:

15. Bull

Up to but not including fish.

16. OldOutlaw

Yes, at times they can be. Stock may be dinged, but that doesn't effect their accuracy. I see one at GB's every once in awhile.

17. OldOutlaw

If you guys ever buy a Swede Military or a Norwegian Krag in 6.5, use Prvi/PPU ammo or the Hornady 6.5X55 Vintage ammo. They are made for these rifles. Made to European specs, not to our new specs for the most modern rifles. Much more accurate anyway I think. Velocity and pressure do not mean more accuracy. Perhaps if you shoot 800 to 1000 yards every day. Lot cheaper also. Prvi/PPU runs pretty constantly at $14.95 per box and some times on sale for $13.95 a box by a few of the bigger online dealers. That's a darned good price for Commercial hi power ammo no matter how you look at it.

18. undeRGRound

INDY

Thanks for pointing this out!
    Hate to have someone buy "blow-up in your face" ammo on my suggestion...
    But DYODD is the rule, on the interwebZ!