Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lurking for a while, but finally found one (getting hard to find around here), used.

Picked my carbine on Tuesday, added a NcStar low profile reflex site, and I should be able to hit the range this weekend.

Questions:

What is some decent and cheap range ammo that the carbine likes to eat?
Are these guns ok with the +P rounds, for self defense purposes? I was looking at cor-bon 115gr JHP.

That about covers my first round of questions.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I haven't put +P through my 995 but it is rated for it.

As far as range ammo, the consensus I have seen is just about anything is good as long as you stay away from Wolf and WWB.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Try everything. Some eat WWB and Wolf and mine is one of them but some of them don't like the stuff at all. My favorites so far are Blazer Brass and PMC Bronze. But, I don't mind WWB and Wolf either. They're all in the same price range around here. It's whatever I can find.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mine has had fine luck with WWB, Federal American Eagle, and Remington UMC 'bulk pack' ammo.

I had some FTF issues in the first few mags, but it turns out my feed ramp was seriously 'bumpy' from the factory. After a Dremel and some polishing, that issue appears to be gone.

Blazer Brass should be fine as well. I have some but haven't fired it through my 995 yet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How is the Blazer with the aluminium casing? I just picked up a box ($14) today to try next time I go the range. I just got my 995 a couple of weeks ago and have only put 50 rounds of American Eagle through with no problems. I still want to check out a few brands to see what works and what doesn't. I also got a box of Remington JHP ($18) to try. They didn't have any Blazer brass.

·
Registered
27 Posts
At first, I was scared of the blazer's aluminum casings... but it was the only thing they had at the time. So I picked up two boxes of the stuff. Fired every single round without a single FTF or FTE. Fairly accurate as well. I have not found any 9mm ammo that my 995 does not spitfire downrange. I loves my 995!

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Whats up with the Indepencence ammo?
I never heard of the stuff ,but irt was all the shop could get and had in stock. Run a full box thru mine with no failures, It's US made and Brass.--About $11.50 a box. and reloadable--RR--

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Does anyone reload for these? Do they seem to like a light, medium, or close to the max of the recipe? I'm thinking they won't like the lighter loads with the heavy bolt. Any experience here?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts