Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from the Sheriff's Dept.

MY CWP just came in the mail. :yay!: :yay!: :yay!:

Now the picking of a CCW firearm begins in ernest. For now, I'm going with my Norinco 1911A1 in an cross draw holster. Need to get some good leather mag pouches to match. However, I'm still looking for a slim 9mm or .40S&W pistol to swap out with the 1911 on occasion.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
A huge +1 to what NDS said. If I leave the house without my 1911, I honestly feel naked. It's kinda like forgetting your cell phone at home on a business trip.

·
Registered
855 Posts
congratulations, looking to get mine soon. Cant wait to carry my new Kimber 1911.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
from the Sheriff's Dept.

Now the picking of a CCW firearm begins in ernest. For now, I'm going with my Norinco 1911A1 in an cross draw holster. Need to get some good leather mag pouches to match. However, I'm still looking for a slim 9mm or .40S&W pistol to swap out with the 1911 on occasion.
For a slim 9mm, take a look at the Kel Tec PF-9, it is the thinnest and smallest 9mm handgun made. It was my choice after checking what was available. Couldn't find one available locally so I purchased one off of Gunbroker, should be at my FFL transfer dealer anytime now.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Congratulations. You'll soon feel uncomfortable being unarmed.
Definitely. I usually keep 2 spare pistols in my car in case I leave my P3AT at home. It's hard to forget something big like my G17 or P345, but the little P3AT is so light weight I forget I have it on sometimes and if I take it off for cleaning sometimes it gets left on my desk, and that won't do lol.

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
from the Sheriff's Dept.

I'd recommend the Walther PPS, as it is very slim and short yet still remains very accurate.

·
Registered
238 Posts
congrats well done i bet it feels great to finally get it. I oc the .40 hi point alittle heavy so im getting the kel-tec 9mm for carrying. nice and lite.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the support and congratulations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts