Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And didn't go home with any hi-points though :'(. The pistols were too much i thought. The c9 was $170.00, and the .45 for $230.00! I kept walking around, didn't find any more of the pistols, but i found 2 995's. Both 9mm, bone stock $270.00! Too high again. Kept walking around, and found an older lady, that had hi-point firearms shirts for sale. I started talking with her, and she has 995's for sale @ $199.00. She couldn't have been nicer, and didn't talk down the brand like every other person there. She didn't have any at the show, but i plan to visit her shop to pick it one up.I did buy some cheap wolf ammo in 7.62x39, and a couple mags for the ak, so i walked out happy.

Anybody seeing prices this high at the shows around you?

This was in Michigan.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Went to a show here in PA yesterday. Packed so full of people, if the fire marshal had been there they would have shut the place down in seconds. Literally shoulder to shoulder, hard to see anything.

I did see a dealer selling new 995's for $209, and saw one used one with an ATI stock for $240. One new C9 for $179, and a nice used one for $150. (I talked him down to $135 and bought it)

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
had a show here in Dubuque IA (on the Mississippi, where Wisconsin borders Illinoise) last few days... it was High-Point Heaven!

the first case of guns as I walked in had a new JHP (45) for $145... hard to believe it, but that was still there when I left at closing time today!! Ironically, another dealer just a few tables over was selling his 45s for $170 like hotcakes! This is the dealer i bought mine from last week & he said he sold SIX JHPs that day, bought 15 more next day & only 11 left at the start of the show...

I didn't get to check how many he had at the end of the show, but he was selling a .380 for $135 & it was there when I left. A few tables down...

...a fella started the show with a std JHP, two green JHPs, and 4 C9s. The 45 were $165 in blk, while the green was $20 more. The 9mm's were all gone when I went back this afternoon about an hour before closing, they'd been marked at $140...

were I not in need of acquiring a comfortable store of 45 ACP i'd have probably brought home a C9, but I'm still at that season in life where the majority of my investments are related to tennis shoes and school lunches, LOL. Thankfully though, the kids enjoyed the show too...

as to the 45 ACP, I bought 100 rds of reloaded FMJ for $33.95, and another 2 boxes of 50 at $17.75 each (soft lead, no jacketing)... i'm new to 45, how does that compare to the rest of the world? factory ACP was no better than our local hardware stores, $22-$26/50 depending on the balls...

fyi, i didn't see a single HP carbine, i've never been near one in real-life. (though i hope to hang one in the basement if HP ever releases the legendary 4595)

·
Registered
222 Posts
In central Ohio there was a show at Westland Mall Feb. 14th and 15th. I got my C9 ( on Valentine's Day, oops, had to make that one up.)for $125 but I knew the guy. He was asking in the $140-$160 range used. I saw a .45 used for $165 and it had taken a beating. I didn't see a single HP carbine. Very few HP hadguns at all and they were all factory price or higher. Which makes no sense because you can drive 25 minutes away and go to Vance's and buy them for about $125 plus tax new. I didn't want to waste the trip and he needed the money so I just bought his LNIB pre-owned by a local LEO. It's not even broken in yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts