Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this from a guy over by Detroit. Found it listed on the Michigan Gun Owners Forum. I paid 120.00 + 15.00 for UPS to deliver it!

Looks like it will be a fun project gun!

It is Counterbored and has a dark bore but the rifling is sharp. It has good headspace too so should be a shooter! The bolt doesn't match but that is the case on most of these from what I understand, It does have the correct bolt type for the gun however with the straight teardrop handle.

Here are some pictures he sent me.

I will post more once it gets here!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its special wood camo!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I should have it in hand tomorrow I will post better before pics then!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok here are the before pics.. All I have done so far is wipe it down.

Note the bore is NOT counterbored and it has a bright bore now that I cleaned it right. The lands and grooves are strong and bright!

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
you have a twin to one of my Turks, also an M1903/38 refurbed in 35. go ahead and prepare to buy new firing pin springs, these old Turks are notorious for having weak springs. Don't worry bout the numbers not matching, I haven't seen one yet in person that is all matching. All of my Turks are mix masters but boy they sure shoot as good as any Mauser that I own. Congrats and enjoy, now add the bayonet and the leather sling and you'll be set.

also if you'd like the screw that goes at the top of the rear sights just let me know, might have a couple lurking around

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually just ordered leather strap the correct length thickness and width and lacing and I am going to make a reproduction sling myself. I have a Bayonet on order from a antique house online.

I took her out and put 40 rds of Romanian Surplus down the pipe and man what a sweet shooter! I had a 4 inch group at 50 and an 8 inch group at 100 I then just for giggles put a target at 200 and 300 I hit 3 of 5 on paper at 200 and 2 of 5 at 300. I used the sight adjustment on the rear sight an the elevation was within inches of correct at each range! German craftsmanship is amazing! Over 100 years old and still that accurate! I know it was reworked and all but still!

From the look of this puppy she took a beating but she is still ticking!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts