Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got my CCW about 10am this morning & I already started carrying by taking the dogs out for a walk. Then I went out looking for my lost cat.
I still need to find a good IWB holster or an OWB holster that will hold my C9 high up so it doesn't show. Already got a Safariland IWB LH holster for behind the back carry but it doesn't have a retention strap. Saw an Uncle Mike's IWB but I didn't like it.
It sure would be nice if we could open carry here in MO.

My wife has been giving me a hard time about carrying around the house so I did some checking & showed her how Home Invasions have been going up about 9% & we even heard one on her scanner the other day so she's been easing up on me.

I hope I never have to use my gun in self-defense but at least now I won't have to worry so much when we are out & about.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I'm pretty sure open carry is allowed in Missouri. We used to carry to and from my friends all the time back home and never had a problem. The only issue would be if your town had a law against it.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is also my understanding that Open Carry is allowed in MO. I have heard from several people though that say the police will find a reason to arrest you. Whether they call it "disturbing the peace" or something else, they will find a reason.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Understand. I just got a new IWB from Jimmy over at http://www.kholster.com. I know he just got a mold made for the C9. I'm wearing it now with my Taurus 85 and it's really comfortable. If you put this code, 334827, in the note field you'll get 10% off.

G

·
Congrats on your CCW. I am taking my class on Feb. 8 and then I will start the process of actually getting the permit...

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Good going!!! Always great to have many legal options as to how to transport your weapon! I really don't carry my firearm that much in my personal life, but the CCW was key considering that it's really not anyone's affair if I'm carrying or not. Also, it helps ease any social sigmas or conditions by simply removing the factor of a guy open carrying out of the equation. If I need it, it's there. If not, then why disrupt the calm when not needed? It's a great thing to have, a CCW. It keeps the peace peacefully

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Congratz!! Carry often and stay safe!

·
Registered
917 Posts
ALRIGHT Cook!! Congrats brother!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'm pretty sure open carry is allowed in Missouri. We used to carry to and from my friends all the time back home and never had a problem. The only issue would be if your town had a law against it.
It is also my understanding that Open Carry is allowed in MO. I have heard from several people though that say the police will find a reason to arrest you. Whether they call it "disturbing the peace" or something else, they will find a reason.
I live in Missouri, and the State Constitution says open carry is legal. HOWEVER!!!!!!!!! Each municipality can write their own local reason to throw you in the slammer for it.
The normal excuse is peace disturbance.

There are some towns here that have no problem with open carry, but most WILL jail you for it. Particularly the big cities like Saint Louis, Jefferson City etc.

It is just my humble opinion that that is BS and if the Mo State Constitution says it is legal then the Municipalities should NOT be able to supersede the State Constitution.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Man I remember how good it felt the day I got my license. The memories. :)

G

·
If you're looking for an IWB holster for a C9 you HAVE to check out www.kholster.com and talk to Jimmy...He hooked me up with one thanks to Kadmos letting him use his C9 as a mold. It is extremely comfortable and virtually invisible. I'm going to post about it later tonight so look for my post, I'll have pictures.
Jamie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts