just joined the family

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by greg_r, Jul 3, 2014.

1. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Joined the Hi Point family today. Been lurking here a while and purchased a CF380 today. Will get it to the range this weekend and see how she runs.

2. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Welcome to the family. If you've been lurking, you probably know to load up your mag and let it sit until you go shooting. Consider this a friendly reminder just in case LOL

Enjoy your new purchase, be sure to give us a range report.

3. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

WELCOME from the home state of Hi Point!

4. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

You do realize that this is an extremely dysfunctional family :rolleyes:. Well welcome to the family and enjoy.

5. TeaSipper

TeaSipper Member

Welcome aboard. Now how long do you think it'll be before you'll want a carbine? :D

6. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Those 380 Carbines are so hard to find!

7. Welcome!

Hope you enjoy it as much as I love my C9. Happy shooting! By the way, just curious, why did you choose Hi-Point?

8. greg_r

I had my LGS quote a carbine for me. $249.00. I think it will be the 40....no...wait....the 45.....ur r....9mm?........Probably the 40?????????:confused:

9. greg_r

It sort of choose me. Just was what I thought was a very good deal.

I first handled a hi point about a year ago and liked the way it felt in my hand. Especially the c9. But I really wanted a 45. Was all over the jhp but succumbed to peer pressure and got a 1911. I like the 1911, what firearm enthusiast dosent? Could of bought the whole family of hi point's for the price. Well guess what, the 1911 is not 100% either.

All things equal, since the only difference between the c9 and cf380, as I understand it is the barrel and recoil spring, I would have gone with the c9 if the option would have presented itself, if for no other reason than the cost of ammo. But I am excited about my purchase.

10. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome greg. This is definitely a dysfumctional bunch of misfits, but everyone is pretty cool here.

11. Rerun

Rerun Member

Why quibble? Get all three! ;)

Welcome to the Best Forum on the net

eldar

12. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

If you want the same caliber get the 995TS, if you like lobbing big ol' bullits in an arc get the 4595.
    I'd personally go for the 4595 for 50-75-100 yards and anything closer then 25 use the handgun.
    The 4595 can also use 1911 mags by either:
    Installing the 'thingmeister' mag catch
    Slightly modding 1911 mags.
    This would allow you to use 15 round mags or 1911 drums.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  13. greg_r

I will likely go with 40 s&w even though I like the 45acp round a little better. It will likely be use for hunting and I feel the 40 with its higher velocity will penetrate the gristle plate of a big ole hog better.
    I want the base model and it is not available at this time.

14. HarveyP_KY

HarveyP_KY Member

15. gasman42

gasman42 Member

NC
    Welcome to the forum Teddy. (We already have a Greg)