Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey , new here . i finally got around to ordering a hi point . hopefully it will be here within a week . i'm looking forward to trying it out and killing some free time here .

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I don't know how I missed ya. Sorry my friend. Here ya go.

Hi, my name is Broomhead and I am a Hi-Point addict.
Everyone said:
Hello Broomhead.
Welcome to our support group.
There are five steps in our program.
Step 1: Buy ammo and send it down range.
Step 2: Buy more Hi-Points.
Step 3: Laugh at all the Gun Snobs for paying way too much, then out shoot them at the range.
Step 4: Happily spread your addiction to others whenever possible.
Step 5:Repeat steps 1 through 4 endlessly.
Unfortunately, these are not steps to recovery.
There is no recovery.
:devilsidesmile::devilsidesmile::devilsidesmile:

My assistant, Leland, will be by to dole out the meds. :sleezy:

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Welcome dude. Glad you're here with us.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm still waiting on the shop i ordered my hi point from to send me a tracking number , they're only 2 states away so i'm hoping it'll get here this week . i'm going to be the test case on hi point for all my friends . so if it does as well as it sounds like it will there might be even more members on here .

·
Premium Member
36,647 Posts
Tdodge7, welcome....maybe the new years day joining got us on a bad day? I'd imagine several of us were not at our best.... :devilsidesmile:

G

·
Hi,
Welcome to the forum. I can't see any reason why you .Can't make belivers out of the friends. Let the gun snobs,have their $2000.00 toys. Then out shoot them at the range.Feels Soooooooooooo,good. You don't have to say a word. You can see it on their faces.
HP hooked:

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
got my c9 today ! already picked up a crossman holster from wally world which fits it like a glove (thanks for that info hpff) next i think i'm going to get one of those hogue grips as the c9's grips are a little too slippery for my liking , but other than that i'm completely digging it . on the way home i stopped by my friends house and fired off a mag on his land (didn't have time for more) it fired them all just fine right out of the box (not to mention all were right in the bullseye from roughly 10 yards with 0 adjustment from the factory settings !) i'm very pleased with my buy . now i just need more mags and more time to shoot .

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the arrival and the first shoot. Many do 100% out of the box (3 of mine did!), some do not. Most guns have some sort of breakin period, and certainly you'll want to qualify your gun if you're thinking of counting on it for protection.

So, if you get a hickup, no worries! Keep Shootin'.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
:welcome: TDodge

Congrats on the new Hipoint you wont be disappointed...Please post range report!
Lots to see do and learn around here enjoy :D
But remember.................
Hipoint the addiction for which there is no cure :devilsidesmile:

Jet

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so i see , i'm already looking at the 995's . i might get a chance to go out shooting this sunday , so we'll see how it does . i've been cycling ammo thru it here at home and i've been keeping the magazine loaded . tho the only thing that will really wear a spring is compressing and decompressing it , so i've been loading and unloading the magazine alot , it's starting to get easier to get that 8'th bullet in now . range report soon .

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok , well had a nice day of shooting , and i got to try out the c9 . i was using cci blazer brass 9mm's they fed and fired great . one of my friends brought his p-38 and he was using the aluminum blazers , he wanted to try the c9 so he loaded it up with his ammo . with the aluminum blazer there was one stovepipe and 3 times where it didn't quite load and a tap was needed to close the slide . probably didn't help that it was 20 degrees , i know my marlin 99 was starting to freeze up on me . accuracy was pretty good with the stock sight settings , at 35 feet i was up and to the left a little bit , but it's also my first time putting any ammount of ammo thru it . but i'm very pleased with it especially since i only have 100 rounds thru it . the only bad thing i have to say is it did kind of hurt the thumb knuckle closest to the web of my palm , but it may just be how i'm holding it , i'm sure more time with it will help , and i'm also going to get one of those slip on grips .

....oh yeah , and now there's 3 more people that are going to order hi points .

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
OK, I love to shoot as much as the next guy but 20 deg. a bit to cold for me brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr LOL
Sounds like it was a good first outing with the new C-9.
Go for the Houge Handall slip on it will make all the difference in the world

Jet

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it was certainly cold , but i don't belong to any ranges so the only shooting i get to do is on my friends land . as far as grips go i like how the hogue looks but i like the butler creek one looks wise even more , anyone tried both ? the problem is when it recoils the back of the gun digs into my thumb knuckle closest to the web of my palm . it's not too bad because it doesn't hurt afterwards , but it is a little uncomfortable while i'm shooting . i tried a few different ways of holding it and it didn't seem to help .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.