Just ordered my Kahr CM40

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by bluharley, Feb 7, 2015.

1. bluharley

bluharley Member

I was going to wait til I got the money, but my sister has committed to buying my S&W Bodyguard. So, I went ahead and placed the order. Can't wait.

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Awwww.. Isn't it just adorable? Is it for you or your original G.I. Joe action figure?

[​IMG]

3. bluharley

bluharley Member

Is that yours? My LGS said people hate the trigger. I just figure it can't be as bad as my S&W!

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Pic courtesy of Google. I went with a Bersa for my itty bitty cap gun.

5. Not2ManyGuns

Not2ManyGuns Member

Generally, I personally don't like the longish trigger pull lengths on most Kahrs; however, I haven't had the opportunity to try one with the external safety.

The Kahrs with external safeties have 1/8" less trigger pull distance than the same pistols without the safeties. For example, the PM40 w/External Safety.

I do like the trigger pull on the Kahr P380 pocket pistol (which is not offered with an external safety). I may be wrong, but the trigger pull distance on the P380 feels shorter to me than the other Kahr pistols without safeties. That may be because of the proportionally small size of the P380.

6. bluharley

bluharley Member

Have you tried the Bodyguard? I just can't believe the Kahr is any worse. For a pocket pistol, it's ok I guess. If I needed to use it in a SD situation, I'd just be pulling the trigger with no never-mind to how far the pull was. The bogyguard was fine for it's purpose, I just want bigger bullets! It's not like I'm shooting it at the range every other day.

7. Back2School

Back2School Member

BluHarley - please give us a review once you get it. I am looking to pickup something in the subcompact range and was thinking of the bodyguard as one of my 20 initial thoughts :) this looks cool too

It would be cool if it could be a pocket carry

8. bluharley

bluharley Member

Got my gun today. First impression compared to the S&W, no comparison, S&W wins. I haven't shot it yet, next week I'll get it to the range. It's ok in the pocket, 1/2 centimeter thicker than the bodyguard, but for a .40 that's to be expected. Field stripping is a b!tch, they make you hold the slide back against the recoil spring to get the pin out. The recoil spring is tough going back in. But for a .40 pocket gun, it will work.