Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a couple months of lurking on here, I finally went out and purchased a C9 after shopping around for the best deal. I ended up walking out the door with a new C9 at 148 bucks. Now I just have to wait the 72 period and pick up my new baby on Friday.

·
Registered
451 Posts
congrats on the C9! You won't regret getting it.

One thing you can do before going to the range is to load the mags for a few days to let the mag spring get loosen up a little.

·
1,792 Posts
Sorry to hear about the waiting, period. But it will be in your hands in time for a weekend shoot :p:)

When you take it out I suggest at least two types of ammo as some may not work as well as others.

Happy paper target hunting. :p:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use to have the .380 about 6 years ago but had to sell it due to being off work due to health issues. But after the string of violence in my little town of 16000 such as five murders and random shootings it is time to have some protection.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Your lucky that your wait time is only 72 hours, mines is 10 days (akkk cali sucks as far as gun control is concerned).

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thats what's so nice about Texas, pay the money, they make the call, and you walk out with it.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Thats what's so nice about Texas, pay the money, they make the call, and you walk out with it.
IN. as well.
10 sec. call, pay up, and have a nice day.

Congrats. on the new purchase.

+1 on the different brands, and loading the mag as soon as you get it home.
I found out the different brand thing today I think.
More research is needed though (i.e. more shooting :) ) to confirm or deny this.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Hi, my name is Broomhead and I am a HiPoint addict. Welcome to our support program.
There are five steps in this program.
Step 1: Buy a ton of ammo and send it down range.
Step 2: Buy more HiPoints.
Step 3: Repeat steps 1 and 2 repeatedly.
Step 4: Snicker at all Gun Snobs for paying way too much, when their backs are turned.
Step 5: Happily spread the addiction to as many people as humanly possible.

Unfortunately, these are not steps to recovery. There is no recovery.
:drool: :drool: :drool:

·
Registered
870 Posts

I know you will like the C9. It's been a nice weapon for me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Your lucky that your wait time is only 72 hours, mines is 10 days (akkk cali sucks as far as gun control is concerned).
Is that for a permit, or the actual purchase?

Here in NC, we have 7-10 day wait for a pistol permit but we can buy up to 5 at a time and they're good for 5 years. Buying the firearm is instantenous other than that.

G

·
We don't need any kind of permit or license in IN. Just show up with a drivers license, choose a gun, pay for it (10 second phone call background check) and walk out the door with your new "toy"

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No. In illinois you have to have the FOID card which takes a month to get now but is good for ten years. Then you have a 72 hour waiting period or "cooling off" period as they call it for handguns and 24 hour for long guns. But hey we are in Illinois what you expect. Least they are finally talking and i saw talking very loosly about conceal carry

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
You can buy the firearm on the spot here in Indiana, but you cannot carry a handgun, even to the range, without a permit.
You can get either a "Personal Protection" , or "Target and Hunting" permit, (T&H only permits you to legally carry it to a hunting area or a target range),
but you are required to have one or the other to take that handgun off your property after taking it home post-purchase...and they take their sweet time about processing your application. :x

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Man I love Colorado. Had my .45 in no time. We have an open holster policy in this state, so transporting a firearms is very easy. Getting a CCW permit is easy (though not necessarily cheap). And our Castle Law (a.k.a. "Make my day" law) permits deadly force against any intruder.

·
Registered
922 Posts
In mississippi its "Sign this, Gimme money, Here you go, Goodbye."

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
In mississippi its "Sign this, Gimme money, Here you go, Goodbye."
It's about the same here in TN.

·
Registered
615 Posts
We don't need any kind of permit or license in IN. Just show up with a drivers license, choose a gun, pay for it (10 second phone call background check) and walk out the door with your new "toy"
Not to buy, no.
But to carry, yes.
EDIT:
:oops: ButchPrice already covered this, my mistake.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I go and pick up the new addition tomorrow. I am excitied and cant wait. I wont get to shoot her till next weekend though.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I could digress here and tell a very self-absorbed story about all of my woes and how I've had to sell off my vast collection of firearms (except for the c9 and the 995) which would be totally hijacking the thread....

... but thanks to successful grief work I'm NOT going to do that!

I'm just going to say congratualtions on your purchase. I deliberately chose to keep the c9 for a reason. It's simply the best hi-point I've got!

Follow all the above suggestions about throwing a lot of lead downrange and enjoying your relationship with your c9. Like most relationships, you never know how long they're gonna last. ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts