Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wanted a .45acp for a main CC for sometime now, I knew the Springfield Armory name and reputation but didn't expect to come home with something I saw at the gun shop today. After I held it I knew it was the one... It is light, fits my hand perfectly and comes with a bunch of goodies that make the package complete. 13 round clips x2 in .45 acp is alot of lead and power when you need it. I didn't know much about them until I got it home and researched them, my gun dealer said I wouldn't be disappointed and I can always trust him, he hasn't failed me yet! LOL! I have shot alot of .45ACP handguns but he said this will be one of the smoothest, kindest ever...

Can't wait to take her for a test drive at the range tomorrow.

I went from a Ruger LCP .380 to this, I have BIG paws and the LCP is a great handgun but I just wasn't happy with the control and grip I got on it. Out the door with the trade-in of my LCP it cost me $200 bucks! Plus I got 100 rounds of FMJ to plink away at the plates with.

I'm like a kid that just discovered his "you know what, for the first time" with this thing... I can't keep my hands off it. I think I could field strip it blind folded already.

Pictures will follow...

This picture doesn't do the handgun justice...

·
1,792 Posts
Well "I'm" not a Bi-tone fan, However Being an XD owner (XD9 4") and shot the xd .45 I can tell you it and they "XD's" are great firearms. You will not or at the least should not be disappointed.

I went with the 9mm only for personal preference and ammo cost.

Then picked up a 1911. Such is life.

Very nice weapon, even if it is bi-tone. LOL

And in before the Glock fan boy's. hehe,

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Nice. I'm a fan of black-on-black, but hey - it's the same gun, who cares what color it is? I've been pondering picking one of these up as I don't have a .45 yet and my only hangup is that I would really like for it to be holster-compatible with my XDm... it seems that they would be about the same size but I'm not certain.

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
I love the bi-tone, imho, it gives the XD a "classy" look. Congrats on your wise purchase, I have installed the Robar trigger and spring kit on my XD45 Tactical and the pull is now amazing at a consistent 4.5lbs. I CC everday with a Don Hume holster and also use this as my duty weapon.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm kinda curious why you guys went with the 5 inch barrels rather than the 4... homage to the 1911?
Nice holster! I went with the longer barrel because I liked the look, basically they took ideas from glock,1911 and Sig and put them into a light high capacity package, Also you get a better burn on powder and better accuracy with a longer barrel.

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
I'm kinda curious why you guys went with the 5 inch barrels rather than the 4... homage to the 1911?
my answer is that I hate 1911's. I went with a 5in barrel because it is more accurate, reduced felt recoil, better bullet velocity and because I wanted a full size .45 that felt right in my hands. The XD45 Tactical was the gun that fit all of those criteria for me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I really dont know if there is that much accuracy gain from the 5in barrel from the 4in barrel. I have the service Bi-tone and i can shoot 1 ragged hole at 20 yards from a bench. The XDs are great pistols. i would recommend the powder river precision trigger kit. my pistol breakes clean at 3.5lbs with about a 1/16" of over travel. Pretravel is maybe an 1/8" no including the trigger safty. I have also added metprolite night sites, extended mag release and a extended and flaired magwell extension. I out shoot my dads Kimber custom pro carry all day but that might just be that he aint that great of a shot, who knows.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really dont know if there is that much accuracy gain from the 5in barrel from the 4in barrel. I have the service Bi-tone and i can shoot 1 ragged hole at 20 yards from a bench. The XDs are great pistols. i would recommend the powder river precision trigger kit. my pistol breakes clean at 3.5lbs with about a 1/16" of over travel. Pretravel is maybe an 1/8" no including the trigger safty. I have also added metprolite night sites, extended mag release and a extended and flaired magwell extension. I out shoot my dads Kimber custom pro carry all day but that might just be that he aint that great of a shot, who knows.
Thanks for the recommendations, I'll have to google those.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I'm thinking of getting a Streamlight TLR-2 for her, anyone have any experience with this product?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.