Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes, that's right- it comes with a LAZER, so my diabolical plot to rule the world is one step closer to being realized. now if those meddling kids don't louse things up...

I digress... I was so F*&^ing excited about getting it- like a kid at Christmas. Can't wait to get her to the range. Will do some pic's later...

This was a weapon I bought after holding it for about 20 seconds. Others I had looked at I sort of liked and would think about it and maybe go back to the store one more time. This one, I picked it up and it just felt right. (don't that darn near bring a tear to your eye?...)

great forum here, glad to FINALLY be a 995ts carrying member...
James

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
:welcome:

Congrats on the purchase. You're going to love it.

+1 on the pics. And where did you get it.

FYI - The 995 is just as accurate if not more than the Kel Tec and Beretta storm. Owned / shot all three. Still have the 995 w/ATI stock. Looking to get the TS soon.

The only problems you'll have is keeping enough ammo to feed the addiction. And having people want to shoot it everywhere you go.

Walt

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
i just traded in my keltec sub 2000 for an even swap on a 995ts my keltec was just to short to even have fun shooting i put a laser off my .45 and put it on my 995ts along with a light/pistol grip and red-dot scope.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
i just traded in my keltec sub 2000 for an even swap on a 995ts my keltec was just to short to even have fun shooting
Can't agree more. Once the novelty of the folding function and extra rounds wears off. You realize it just not as comfortable/pointable,etc as the 995. JMO

BTW, Nice looking 995TS setup. Was it hard to get the Laser and Red dot lined up?

Walt

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
i just traded in my keltec sub 2000 for an even swap on a 995ts my keltec was just to short to even have fun shooting
I had the same problem with my Kel-Tec, had to order the buttstock extension from the Kel-Tec website, and even then it was still too short, so I had to add a thick padded universal buttstock recoil buffer. Now it's finally comfortable to shoot, but it will never be as comfortable as the 995TS.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Be careful with a mounted forend grip. The fiberglass forend rail only has two screws holding it on and a lot side to side force will damage it and possibly the threaded inserts. Did your accuracy change any after mounting the flashlight under the barrel.

It looks Tacticool.

GC

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've always wanted either the Sub 2000 or 995, with the new stock my decision has become much easier.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dang, you guys aren't joking that this thing is an ammo hog! Took her to the range for the first time yesterday. Used about 30 rounds of Fiocchi ~135 grain first, then switched to WWB for the next 100 rounds. No problems with either ammo.- no FTF's or FTE's or problems of any kind- except that I only have one magazine! I have ordered a reflex sight, but was just using the stock iron sights yesterday (and forgot to bring a screwdriver so I could adjust it) so my groupings at 25 yds. were high and to the right, probably about a 4 in. circle. I'm half blind and have little background with aiming (have done some skeet and such with a shotty- that's just pointing). Moved the target out to 50 yds and the grouping remained high and to the right, with an even larger spread. So I'm no great shot- I have no delusions there. The weapon performed flawlessly and was just so damned fun to shoot. If you're sitting on the fence about one of these- forget it. Just jump in and get one. Can't wait to shoot her again...

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
The Sub2K has its place since it's ability to fold makes it travel without drawing attention. It carries very well, shoots well, and is honestly better made. It is a bit more expensive so that last isnt realy unexpected. If I could only have one carbine, now thats funny, I would go with the 2K as its place in my BoB and at my night stand would not be filled by the HP.

Besides i can actually find the 2K in 40SW.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts