Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went down to my local gun shop to finish a transfer on another gun I got off Gunbroker dot com when they asked me about the account I started for a 4595. I asked them if I could change the order from a 4595 to putting the 995 they had on the shelf on lay-away.

They said "No problem". It is a new first gen with a red dot scope. Got it for $249.00. I already got an ATI stock, and a Barrel Shroud for use with the ATI stock.

So in a few weeks I will officially join the "Hi Point Carbine" community.

Once I pick it up from the gun shop, I will restart an account for a 4595... for whenever they come out.

So!! When is Pro-Mag going to release their 30rnd drum for the 995? AHHHHH!! Just kidding!!

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I showed the ATI stock to my 12 year old son, he flipped out and said... "can I get one too?!!"

How can I say no?!! He gets good grades in school and is respectfull to others.

So we took his pic and sent off for his FOID card.

I told him he will start with a BB gun. I will get him a Red Rider for his 13th B-Day this Sep. Then suprize him with a 995 at Christmas.

I already have his mom's approval.

There might be a new HPFF member in December!!

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Sounds good, lucky son you have, I never got any guns growing up lol. I also wish my fiance had the same attitude as your wife when it came to guns. Shouldnt have to wait too long for that FOID card either, I got mine back in a week.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good, lucky son you have, I never got any guns growing up lol. I also wish my fiance had the same attitude as your wife when it came to guns. Shouldnt have to wait too long for that FOID card either, I got mine back in a week.
A WEEK? That would be nice. The only thing I am worried about is that I had my wife sign his application. She doesn't have a FOID card but she sent her app in at the same time. We'll see how that goes.

The wife was worried about having guns in the house when I met her back in 2001. I told her that even though I didn't have any at that time, I had owned them in the past, and they were going to be part of my future so she should start warming up to the idea. She must have thought that I was never going to get one because the look on her face was like "Oh Crap" the day (2.5 years ago) that I told her I bought my HP 45ACP. She never complained, not once.

I bought her a CF380 last March for my Birthday. I just took her out to shoot it for the first time on 7-3-09. She LOVED it.

Got me a good woman.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My wife did not like me having a gun until someone tried to kick in the back door one night while we were home about a month ago. Im sure your son will enjoy the new rifle. It is much better that the father teach him gun responsibility than someone else(another kid). Just make sure he can't get to them when you are not around.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally picked it up today.

I just picked up my 995 today. I installed the ATI stock this afternoon but I have to take the rear receiver cover to work and run it on the Bridgeport to clear the inside so the bolt doesn't hit it.

I can't wait till the 16th. Going to take it out for the first time shooting up in Dubuque.

Still no FOID cards yet for the wife or son. The state cashed the checks but I haven't seen them in the mail yet.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
...12 year old son...

You can own a gun if you're under 18? Can you do the same with a pistol if you have a FOID?

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...12 year old son...

You can own a gun if you're under 18? Can you do the same with a pistol if you have a FOID?
No pistols till 21 in ILL.

Long guns at 18.

However... as I read it, the law states you have to be 18 to PURCHASE long guns, and 21 to PURCHASE pistols.

So I believe he can own his own long gun under 18 if it is given to him. BUT... for safety's sake, they will remain in my name until he is 18.

Getting him his FOID card was a way for me to reward him for being a good responsible kid. He is stoked.

His great grandpa entrusted me with a Savage Model 24S-A 22Mag over 20Ga to give to him when he gets older. I just might give the Savage to him this Christmas along with a 995TS from his mom and me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.