Just sent off for 2 T53 ChiCom Mns-- more to follow

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by tju1973, Dec 10, 2007.

1. I finally got my head out of my butt and sent off for 2 of Omega's T53 Chinese MNs--

I am totally expecting them to be corn cob rough, and fixer uppers--

That being said does anyone here know that (when cleaned up) how do they stack up to "real" MNs? Bear in mind I have a very nice Gander Mn M44 that shoots and looks great---

Finally, does anyone have a good painless way to check headspacing on MNs??

oh the waiting...

:D

2. Hopefully they will work as well as your M44, even if they do not look as pretty.

My suggestion would be either take the guns to a gunsmith and have the headspace checked, or if you plan to start a 7.62x54R collection, you may think about buying a no go or field gauge and check them yourselves.

3. Ari

Ari Guest

Can you send me the web page for those?

4. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S. Member

5. I have the field gauge also. Was told that no go is not a good indicator because if they would pass field they were considered good to go.

6. Anybody know of other, less expensive options. 70 dollars plus for a set of guages for one rifle is a little steep.

7. Just buy the single gauge. 23-24 bucks.

8. Ari

Ari Guest

Someone posted a way you can check with some tape.. This is not as good as the gauge but it will let you know weather you are safe or you should buy a gauge. It worked for me. Mine passed the tape test and the brass showed no signs of headspace problems

9. But which guage, the go, the no go, or the field? or are they $23 a set, cause it sure looked like it was a piece to me.

10. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S. Member

11. http://www.omega-weapons-systems.com/catalog.htm#T54

$35 a piece + $16 ea shipping--and my FFL transfer fee is $10 per weapon--

Really doesn't end up that cheap-- or much cheaper than a good off the shelf shooter, but I am interested in bringing one back from the dead---

:D