Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this atf report last year it was public info I think...Interesting that in 2000 not one of our "throw away gangsta guns "was in this report but look at the S&W's and Ruger in the top 10 with Bryco & Lorcin and other "ring of fire" guns, now do I use this to infer that the S&W next to me when I shoot my jhp at the range is a gang banger? No! Because Hi Point owners have functioning brains and aren't gun snobs or lemmings..lol...Here's the stat...
Most Frequently Traced Crime Guns
These guns were the most frequently traced by law enforcement officials for all age groups, by manufacturer,
caliber, and type. These 10 firearms accounted for 22 percent (19,743) of all trace requests (88,570).
Manufacturer Caliber Type of Crime Gun
1. Smith & Wesson .38 Revolver
2. Ruger 9mm Semiautomatic Pistol
3. Lorcin Engineering .380 Semiautomatic Pistol
4. Raven Arms .25 Semiautomatic Pistol
5. Mossberg 12 GA Shotgun
6. Smith & Wesson 9mm Semiautomatic Pistol
7. Smith & Wesson .357 Revolver
8. Bryco Arms 9mm Semiautomatic Pistol
9. Bryco Arms .380 Semiautomatic Pistol
10. Davis Industries .380 Semiautomatic Pistol

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
I think I would be more interested if the study was directed at "gang related" crime. There are huge swaths of the country that have no problems with "gangs" but do have high crime due to drug problems and things like that. If the study was focused on "gang crimes", I bet the guns and calibers would be different. As the study is listed above, it includes all gun crimes. Just my 2 cents

and I used "" around gang so much because just like pitbulls, gangs get a lot of credit when it wasn't necessarily a "gang" crime.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Whoopie, my Raven 25 made it to number 4. This is my last-ditch backup ankle gun to my CC Sig. I would use it if I couldn't find a rock to throw. I will say in it's defense though, I have put about 200 rounds through it in 15 years, and it has never failed to go pop.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree on the non specifics of the study ..my point was a gun is a gun is a gun and high dollar good ones are used as much so called throw aways..which by the way I don't consider my hi point to be. its a well made firearm that allowed me to get into .45 shooting reasonably and have fun, and also have a sd/hd weapon. I was more pointing out the ignorance and or bias of snobs and even from some things I've read on here when people have or ask for Hi Point "Those are thug guns for gang bangers" etc. I like to see as many people become active in the shooting sports as possible ..I'm a relative newcomer myself and one day maybe I'll spend 1000 bucks for a .45, but ya know what? I went shooting with my son-inlaw who just got a Kimber (pro carry or custom carry 2 ,I don't remember exact model) with all the bells and whistles and guess what? same distances our holes looked about the same as far as accuracy.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
I agree on the non specifics of the study ..my point was a gun is a gun is a gun and high dollar good ones are used as much so called throw aways..which by the way I don't consider my hi point to be. its a well made firearm that allowed me to get into .45 shooting reasonably and have fun, and also have a sd/hd weapon. I was more pointing out the ignorance and or bias of snobs and even from some things I've read on here when people have or ask for Hi Point "Those are thug guns for gang bangers" etc. I like to see as many people become active in the shooting sports as possible ..I'm a relative newcomer myself and one day maybe I'll spend 1000 bucks for a .45, but ya know what? I went shooting with my son-inlaw who just got a Kimber (pro carry or custom carry 2 ,I don't remember exact model) with all the bells and whistles and guess what? same distances are holes looked about the same as far as accuracy.
for sure. i got the gun snob thing awhile back at a big shop in Colorado Springs. They won't be getting my business anymore because of that.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I couldn't care less if someone scoffed at my cheap pistols. They work, and I could never enjoy something I know I paid way too much for.

If I earned double what I do I would still have bought my HI-Points because they were cheap, and people I know that have them like them.

I'm new to hand guns, but have been shooting for many years, all with cheap guns.

-Spiker

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I thought for sure Glock would be on there somewhere....evryone has a glock lol :blink:
those numbers are for the 22% ONLY... maybe glock is the other 78 :D we will never know.... :D :D :D

·
Long Arm of the Law
631 Posts
With a revolver rating #1 it proves many criminals are not dumb. They were not the ones leaving casings all over the scene to be picked up by John Law.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts