Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And there was a BEAT UP Hi-point .45 there. Corners of the slide beat up, rifling in the barrel nearly smooth, just a well-worn gun. No box, no accessories, just a magazine. Price? $199.99. Guy wouldn't budge a nickel. Even my car was upset. It chewed its own battery end off and made me rig it until an autoparts store.

Some people are crazy.

·
Registered
313 Posts
those are not meant to be sold to anyone who knows something...those are meant to be sold to scared post election noobs. There is a local gun shop around here doing the same thing with the high points that come in. Sadl though some sap will go in and pay that much for it..validating the asking price.

·
Registered
669 Posts
And there was a BEAT UP Hi-point .45 there. Corners of the slide beat up, rifling in the barrel nearly smooth, just a well-worn gun. No box, no accessories, just a magazine. Price? $199.99. Guy wouldn't budge a nickel. Even my car was upset. It chewed its own battery end off and made me rig it until an autoparts store.

Some people are crazy.
:D :D :D Too funny!!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
In my opinion they're are no better than the oil companies who operate on greed. I currently own a business, and it is frustrating to me to see people take advantage of other people. Granted you have to make a living, and running a business isn't cheap... but c'mon!? I wish that there were more honest business owners out there. hi-point's website tells you what MSRP is. I mentioned that to a dealer one day, and he came up with some lame excuse to try and justify his prices. I told him, "You just lost a sale." Whether or not that mattered to him I don't know, but I try to avoid being ripped off when ever possible.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
The 2 local gun shops that I know of here in BFE TN price their Hi-Points in the white box at 199.99 same price whatever caliber they have in stock. I drive to a small bealer about 30 minutes away that has prices more in line whit what the going price seems to be.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
$240 for a new JHP 45 here in Dubuque pawn shop... but next to the 1911's & Taurus models at 2-3X the price he'll get it, eventually...

·
Registered
48 Posts
The guys in my little "gun group" talk about this kind of stuff all the time.

People don't know the difference between selling a product and building a business. They think that to stay in business, you have to demand top dollar for every product.

I've walked out of pawn shops over a matter of $10, when the seller wouldn't negotiate, even though I was prepared to buy. I asked the owner if he'd consider coming down $10 on the pistol I was wanting, and in a smug tone, he said, "I wouldn't even consider it." I set the pistol down, thanked him and walked out.

Conversely, I've decided to make a purchase over a matter of $10 when the seller offered to come down that much.

If people will work with me on price in any way, I will patronize their business again. I got my "broken" C9 for $60 from the mom and pop pawn shop in my town. I've bought lots of gun stuff from them. I also bought a decent SKS from him at Christmas for $130. He makes it worth my while to shop there, because I know I will get a good price. I will go back there and buy more stuff unless he starts gouging me. It wouldn't be in his or my best interest for him to do that and he is smart enough to know that.

The big "sporting goods" store in my area is charging about $240 for Hi Point .45's. Way too much. I would feel dirty buying ANYTHING from them, gun related or not. My wife bought me some .270 from that place for Christmas. They charged her $38 a box for 2 boxes of shells (20). Unreal. I went to take it back for a refund and they refused. I had to fight, and finally the guy said, "Okay, but we'll not do it again". I said, "You're right. I won't be buying anything else". I couldn't believe it.

Companies that go out of their way to do right by their customers deserve patronage. The others deserve to go out of business. It's that simple.

·
Registered
735 Posts
i have gotten all my hi points from a pawn shop 1 /2 mile from where i work, i paid $220.00 for my 45, $169.00 for my 380, and $169.00 for my c-9, but i dont mind because where i live you have to go 30 miles one way to get one $30.00 cheaper,

·
Registered
850 Posts
199 seems a little excessive for a well used gun. I bought my .40 used and in good shape from a gun shop here in Ohio for 120. My dad bought my 995 new a few years back. He paid 120 for that new. I'm just kind of surprised how expensive some people are selling them for nowadays. But, I guess it's all about supply and demand. I've been looking for a C9 but haven't found one for the right price. Luckily there's a gun show coming up this weekend.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.