Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanna say, that it is a constant surprise how well people on these forums do with seperating these "dark rooms" from the rest of the forums.

It is nice to see people compartmentalize, and while comments do get made in the regular forums, so far as I have seen they are softball and good natured ribbing, and that is, uncommon, to say the least.

So Kudo's to you guys.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Just wanna say, that it is a constant surprise how well people on these forums do with seperating these "dark rooms" from the rest of the forums.

It is nice to see people compartmentalize, and while comments do get made in the regular forums, so far as I have seen they are softball and good natured ribbing, and that is, uncommon, to say the least.

So Kudo's to you guys.
+1

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Yep self policing does work pretty good around here!! :yay!:

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
If you take what goes on in here, into the other forums... it's Perma-Ban.
It has been done... once.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
If you take what goes on in here, into the other forums... it's Perma-Ban.
It has been done... once.
Duh
I was explaining to Butterbone why it appeared that we were all civil to each other in the main forums, but in the Dark Rooms we are at each others throats... If "Duh" were applicable, Butterbone wouldn't have posted such an obvious topic... He's only been registered here since June 2nd of this year, so he wouldn't have a clue of what happened when the Dark Rooms were in their infancy.
PS: Do you use AIM anymore, I never get to chat with you much anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
... civil to each other in the main forums, but in the Dark Rooms we are at each others throats...
You call what happens here "...at each others (sic) throats..." ? ? ?

(edited to banish unintentional smiley)

·
Registered
927 Posts
I think most of it has to do with the fact we all like each other, and we consider each other friends. Even if we disagree with something its just that a disagreement.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
I think most of it has to do with the fact we all like each other, and we consider each other friends. Even if we disagree with something its just that a disagreement.
:) It's like family. We all have that one cousin that's a little of, but let someone else pick on him and see you stand up for him.

·
Registered
17,728 Posts
If you take a look at alot of the other major gun forums like Gunsnet, ARFcom, The High Road, GunsAmerica etc, most of those forums are so full of hatred, back-stabbing, back biting and just BS childishness in just about every forum section they have. The reason the DR's came up, after our first failed attempt *The Free Fire Zone, when the forum was young*, is because the Mods/Admins didn't want to see this forum head in a similar direction.

I have to admit, I had my reservations about the DR's when we first implemented the program, but I am glad to say that it's worked out beautifully. The credit, of course, goes to the members who faithfully use these areas, and remember to keep it civil in the main forums, as they have a place to let it all out here in the DR.

Thanks guys, you are the ones that made this happen. Keep it up.

·
1,782 Posts
Yeah there were some fun times in the FFZ lol.
Good times, good times, you were there, And so was he, oh, and so was I. Oh, the carnage. Although I think it was more misunderstanding then anything else.

Well except for that "thayldt21" guy. Did we ever ban him yet, or at least give him a good kick in the nads.

Yep, we sure kept that "Primitive Sealant" busy. And "Silly Cone Wolf a ring" had to go and rewrite the COC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.