Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks here it is

I will be placing an order with Samco for a Schmidt Ruben K-31 what I cant decide on is the stock.

Do you perfer the walnut or beech wood stock???

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
I think this is jet650's thread but ok. It really just depends on whether or not you want a light or darker colored stock. I'd go walnut. :cool2:

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
I think this is jet650's thread but ok. It really just depends on whether or not you want a light or darker colored stock. I'd go walnut. :cool2:
I meant that zerodaze should chime in on this because he has multiple K-31's, kinda obvious who the original poster was don't ya think?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
From what I have read, the one's with walnut stocks usually do not show as much wear as the beech stocks. Mine is beech, and it has quite a few nicks and scratches on it, but it still feels very solid and well-crafted. Whichever style you get, I bet you are going to love it.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been leaning towards the beech wood stock, it would add something differant to the collection, just can't make up my mind LOL

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
If you can find a beech stock in good shape, then jump on it. They are really pretty when they aren't beat to hell.

With that said, if you are buying it sight unseen, you may want to consider one with a walnut stock. The ones I have come across are usually in better condition, and the dark wood hides a lot of the damage to the butt (if it has any).

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments guys.
After much consideration I ordered the beech wood stock, it's to bad they have such a back log could be 2 to 3 weeks before I see it

Jet

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
You'd better get on them before I get a chance dude.... I'm COMING!!!!!!!

Still waiting on my booklet and other materials from the BATFE, but I got my license in the mail today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay!::yay!::yay!::yay!::yay!::yay!::yay!::yay!::yay!::yay!::yay!::yay!::yay!::yay!:

·
Banned
10,897 Posts
I meant that zerodaze should chime in on this because he has multiple K-31's, kinda obvious who the original poster was don't ya think?

Zerodaze, this one's for you buddy, but personally I prefer the look of a beech stock myself
Then clarify that next time, you made it sound like it was his choice as to which stock he should choose not that you wanted him to chime in. Oh and yes it was pretty obvious as to who posted the topic which is why your post looked weird to me, sorry wow. :blink:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Get the Walnut. I just got a Beech and am not very happy with it. I refinished it and it looks terrible. It'll do for now until I find someone who knows what the hell they are doing to give me a few hints.

I redid the metal (clamps, buttplate and sling bar) and it cam out awesome. The rest is all original. I even have the name tag under the butt plate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.