Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK all you C&R guys I have a 1938 Russian capture K-98 but it seems to be in a late war stock or a least I think this is the case.
I had a chance to pick up a original cleaning rod, but when I went to measure the length I discovered the stock was not bored out for the rod.
A friend at work told me that late into the war Germany in an effort to speed production did away with the cleaning rod as well as the stock disk.
Is this correct ?

Thanks
Jet

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the only one I have on the computer I will take some close ups and post

Jet

************************EDIT************************

More pics of the laminated stock

Thanks Guys!!

Jet

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
yep. definate late war German stock most likely installed by the Russians when they rearsenaled the captured guns. I would leave this one totally alone, the early model of the rifle added with the late war stock keeps it as the Russians would have used it against the Germans and thus just adds to the history and story of this gun.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow, that looks really nice, and would look great restored (de-russianed)

where and when did you pick that up?
This one came from AIM. picked it up about a year or so ago. she next on the restoration list

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep. definate late war German stock most likely installed by the Russians when they rearsenaled the captured guns. I would leave this one totally alone, the early model of the rifle added with the late war stock keeps it as the Russians would have used it against the Germans and thus just adds to the history and story of this gun.
Thanks for the info Krippp, this one is off the restoration list, Will leave it as you see it

Jet

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.