Kalamazoo, MI Shootings

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by cruiser, Feb 21, 2016.

1. cruiser

cruiser Member

Wife & I were up in Kalamazoo last night with my sister & brother-in-law. Took in a movie & dinning afterwards. Found out this morning that was when all the shootings were happening. We could have easily been in the wrong place at the wrong time. What the hell has happened to everyone's morality? Sure has become a screwed up world. Guns are not the problem. My dad tells me how they used to go to school with their rifle in the back window so they could go hunting afterwards. Never had these problems then............ so what has changed. Rampant thefts of others property. Seems many just have no conscience any more. Sigh.....

2. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    Glad you weren't involved. Prayers to families of the victims. The picture of the guy sure looks familiar, like he was in the news for another reason before.

3. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

The courts stopped enforcing the laws and started making deals with the thugs now you have this kind of thing happening.
    The shooter will be ruled mentally ill and get a nice place to sort out his mental issues and the victims will be ignored.
    The shooter was stopped by the police, who had firearms anyone want to ask the Black Panthers Poster Girl B girl what she thinks of the police now?
    I am sad the shooter was taken alive.

4. desertrider

desertrider Member

Oh jeez, not this again.

I keep myself pretty insulated from the news at times. Another mass shooting this weekend?

Didn't watch any TV this weekend, so far, and my homepage doesn't show current events (I prefer it that way).

I just don't even feel shock anymore. I remember the '84 mass shooting at the McDonalds in San Ysidro, CA, the Stockton Elementary school shooting back in '89, and obviously the Columbine shooting. All those left me with kind of a nervous, empty feeling in my stomach when I heard about them, and I remember being glued to the tube to watch the reporting.

Nowdays they're so frequent I hardly go past what I hear walking through the living room.

5. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

It started when this nation turned it's back on God. It seems as if God has now turned his back on us. There is pure evil in this country, and our politicians and lawyers (usually the same ilk) are allowing it to happen. The punishment no longer fits the crime. When I was in Thailand, I saw a public execution right on the courthouse steps. Thai Colonel pulled out his pistol and popped a drug dealer in the head and walked away. He was caught selling heroin to kids at school. I turned to my Thai buddy and said "Don't you ever let me get involved in the drug trade here". He said "OK". That sir, was a major deterrent. I personally believe in hangings on the courthouse steps. You have to visually show the bad guys what will happen if they continue down that slippery slope of crime. I firmly believe in the "Scared Straight" programs. Unfortunately the bleeding hearts won't let it happen in the name of fairness, inclusiveness, pitty, racism and all the other pathetic politically correct terminology. Guess that's why they don't put me in charge, huh? :rolleyes:

6. cruiser

cruiser Member

7. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I saw a picture of the shooter. All one had to do was look at his eyes, the man is a spook. Neighbors say he is a nut job and would fire a gun out his back door on occasions.

8. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

Dude looks a little like John Wayne Gacey. The perv that killed all those dudes and buried them in his basement. If someone is shooting guns out their back door, would that not be reason to get the authorities involved? Unless you lived in the boonies that is. Just sayin :rolleyes:

9. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Always has been. You just hear about it more now. 24/7 News Cycle.

Media coverage is different. Encourages imitators.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

10. cruiser

cruiser Member

If I understand News updates on Kalamazoo news channel correctly, interviews with other passengers suggest after shooting 8 people he picked up other passengers and delivered them as if nothing happened.