Kalinka Optics

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Visper, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

I was looking for optics for my AMD 65

Already have the Ultimak Rail and getting ready to order the Stock adapter/Sling loop/Recoil buffer and modified safety lever from AMD65tech.com

So while I was searching I decided to look for some true "combloc" optics, well I think I have found some.

These are true to form, take abuse (I've watched a few torture tests) and will add to the final look of my AMD.

I am a huge fan of the T-dot sight. The prices seem right also.

I have been looking at the Kobra or Kobra gen 3 and also the "mini" cobra the PK 06.

Has anyone here had experience with these? I'm sure I could go ask at the AK files but I like you guys way more!! :D :rolleyes:

Their website has optics for almost any combloc variant I can think of. SVD, PSL, mosins, night vision... you name it I think they have it.

Just figured I would share, after I decide on the scope I'm getting I'll definitely let you all know and give it a HPFF official review!!

2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    http://www.ijksales.com/index.htm
    They have some awesome deals at IJK, got my Mole Sniper Rifle scope
    (huge 8-32x56mm) there for $250 at my door! Excellent European
    glass. If you can find the exact same thing, it will be cheaper @IJK
    most likely. SWAGA turned me on to them a couple years back :D

3. Visper

Those prices seem sweet!! I just can't tell if they are the traditional T-dot reticle I'm looking for.

The one that is "close" to the Kobra sight I am looking at is $34.00... Not sure if it is comparable to a real Kobra sight. ;)

In general though I think you have shown me a great place to go for mostly any other scope!!

4. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Kalinka has been known for years to have sources to the real Military stuff. I used to buy optics from them a few years back. But, no use for any more.

One thing I would suggest. Before paying them, get an email from them guaranteeing you can return if the mount does not fit your rifle. Various models of rifles of the same type from different countries often have a bit different rail dimensions or shape.
    I found that out several years ago.

5. undeRGRound

INDY
    Yeah, I'm looking at Kalinka and it seems very specific.
    Most of the IJK scopes have a reticle posted at the side of the
    listing. Can you link me to what you wanted? Some had a T reticle
    if I remember correctly, and they may also be able to make one
    for you as a semi-custom. I called and talked to Steve, he asked
    which reticle I wanted as I recall...

6. Visper

That's good to know, thank you Outlaw.

http://kalinkaoptics.com/rifle-scop...catinny/kobra-gen-3-red-dot-weaver-screw.html

http://kalinkaoptics.com/rifle-scopes/red-dot/weaver-dovetail-picatinny/pk-06-red-dot-weaver.html

Those are the two. I think the smaller sight will work/look better with the forward Ultimak Rail I ordered.

Russian an Belarus countries of origin, how can you go wrong!!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  7. undeRGRound

INDY
    SALES: [email protected] ( VERA MIKLOSI) EASTERN EUROPE - HUNGARY

Hungarian AMD 65, right? She may have something specifically for that...

[​IMG]
    Similar to Compact Scope reticle I have seen in Comm-Bloc equipment

They also have a horseshoe that is not shown

8. Visper

Yeah, AMD 65.

Hmmm, horseshoe is interesting. Was looking pure red dot of some type, this wire stock isn't going to make it a super accurate gun, but maybe a 1-4x or so would be nice.

I'll email them and see what they have or can get.

Thanks Mole!!

9. undeRGRound

INDY
    [​IMG]
    I like the concept of the top one, "open T"
    I'd rather have something my eye can center in like that,
    than a blob/dot right where I expect to shoot. :rolleyes:

10. Visper

Yeah that's exactly what I'm looking for. The higher end ones have a 1 MOA dot, it really doesn't get in the way, but the open T is very nice also.

11. Visper

Think I'm going the PK-06.

Every time I look at the Kobra Gen 3 I change my mind though...

The PK-06 is nice and small. The AMD 65 is a light weapon as is, the PK-06 will add almost no weight to it which is what I am going for on this rifle. I am extremely happy with all the reviews I have read and it takes an absolute beating.

Torture test:

http://russianoptics.net/pk06.html

Man, let me sleep on it before I decide...

12. Visper

Well, my new sight arrived today.

Its the PK-06!! I have to admit when I opened it, it did look kinda small. But I was impressed, its built like a tank. Very sold. Bore sighted it at 25 yards already and its ready for the range.

The 1 MOA red dot is crisp, along with the T-dot. Really impressed. There was a small issue, the circuit board shows up on the lens when you look at direct light, its noticeable but doesn't block out the red dot, you can just kinda see the board. Typical combloc right? It has its quirks but will work through just about anything. I've watched tons of vids (every one I could find on it) and this thing can be beat to hell and keep functioning.

The red dot adjust brightness automatically depending on lighting conditions, which is pretty sweet.

Now the front hood seems threaded, I'm going to see if I can find an 18mm sunshade for this, it totally eliminates the circuit board problem I mentioned above. How do I know? I made a quick one out of a post-it and tried it.

If not its not a big deal. Still want to get the Kobra also, back-up is always good right? I'll just need to save up over a few checks for it!!

Anyway without further ado, PICS!!

Attached Files:

13. undeRGRound

INDY
    [​IMG]
    Circuit board artifact...
    I'd say some flat non-conductive paint on that would fix it,
    applied at the manufacturer level. Strange but rare occurrence.
    That looks like the best 1moa dot available for the price! :D

14. Visper

OK I finally got to extensively test this over the weekend. Its sighted in at 50yds.

All I can say is wow, great dot, the 1 MOA is great, lowest I have otherwise is a Primary Arms 2 MOA dot. Even with it being a small dot the auto brightness worked great. The circuit board did raise its head towards dusk with the sun setting in front of me, but I really didn't mind it.

Put 360 rounds down range, held zero (actually dropped the rifle on my sight on purpose... not on concrete though ;) just my dirt path), one eye shut both eyes open, you name it I tried it. I am very happy to give this a big thumbs up, and for the price you really can't get a better combloc sight for an AK (or any other firearm for that matter).

Sorry no pics... hard to shoot and take pics at the same time!! Plus I was shooting at my newish gongs!!

15. undeRGRound

INDY
  16. FirearmFanatic

FirearmFanatic "The Enabler!"

No pics? That means it didnt happen! Quit slouching and get us some pics. You sloucher! You know how things work here! :rofl:

PS: Did you mean "thongs" instead of "gongs"? :eek:

17. Visper

Thongs would only have been used if mole was here running around in one... I would definitely shoot it!!

18. FirearmFanatic

Shoot it? :eek: Heck, I dont think I would even be able to look at "it"! :rofl:

19. Visper

true... but you can't just let a thong-o-mole run around... it may multiply. ;)

20. FirearmFanatic

I think we may be too late. Look at the Moonze and TNT! :rofl: