Kanuni S 9mm Pistol (Tisas)

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by Dubar, May 22, 2020.

1. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

SIL just emailed me saying he ordered one of these from Classic Firearms. Anybody know anything about them? Very little on the web.

Price was right at $230 new, made in Turkey. The only videos I could find were all in some language other than English.

undeRGRound likes this.
  2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Nice find, DOOBIE!!
    https://www.classicfirearms.com/sds...matic-da-sa-pistol-9mm-15rd-4-3-barrel-black/

Looks suspicously like a BHP or Browning Hi-Power...
    I'm getting a chubby and fighting off the urge to order one!

3. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

I think I've created a monster, he's 8-up (7 Ups brother) with guns now that I gifted him the HK 45 Compact.

It looks alright, and can't beat the price. That's Hi-Point pricing!!!

undeRGRound likes this.
  4. undeRGRound

INDY
    LOL
    I think I did that with Mole Jr. and AK47's :D

Still $50 (+/-) over a Hi Point pistol, but if it is indeed a BHP clone (not polymer) it's a STEAL. The Browning Hi-Power is one of the hands down All Time GREATS.
    This Tisas is clearly an 'updated version' as it has the 15 round mags (BHP came out with 13, but gained 2 capacity with a 'hollow follower' mod) and this also has the de-cocker, and I don't think a BHP ever did. A poly BHP :)P) would not be as nice, but still better than nearly all polymer models they make now. Including glunks :p

5. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

And it comes in "white" too:

kanuni-s-beyaz-2-653x435.png

6. undeRGRound

INDY
    So that answers the only remaining question for me, YES, it is a metal frame ;)

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Sure. Everyone loves slide mounted decockers. Oh wait....

Personally, I think of slide mounted systems as being two handed jobs, you use your weak hand to decock, then never touch the thing again until the next time you load condition 1 and then holster your pistol. Which you can safely do with your off hand, under no stress.

8. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I have a Tisas C45 that was imported by ATI back in the day. This thing was beat when I got it. I had to work on it. Magazines for my 45 are impossible to find, but I do like the old girl. It looks exactly like that Kunani. My SIL has the Tisas C9 that was imported by ATI as well and it looks just like that. It came with a 19rd extended mag iirc.
    Total workhorse. The 9mm has been flawless. Turkish guns are pretty darn nice. I have owned several. I think your SIL will really enjoy it. Score some extra mags while you can.

Rerun, undeRGRound and Dubar like this.
  9. I agree. For unusual pistols like this I would get at least four total magazines. You never know when you will be able to get some again if the gun stops being manufactured.

Rerun and adam01364 like this.