Kcmo area new hp owner here

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by Bill whitney, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Bill whitney

Bill whitney Member

Never could see myself owning one , let alone 3 of them. A buddys uncle passed way and the uncles daughter moved to Illinois and couldnt take most of uncle bobs guns. She took a few and left the rest for my buddy to go thru and buy what he wanted and sell the test. Among them were a 45,40,9mm carbines. He already had a 995 and wasnt intested in more hp's. I bought a ts4595 for 200 and was not impressed with sites. Shot low/left about 12" at 30 yards. Couldnt seem to bring it in so i grabbed an aluminum top rail off amazon and put a vortex crossfire reddot on it. WITH THAT COMBO I CAUGHT THE BUG. Found 2 more mags at local gunstore for $50 otd. Called my buddy and tpld him i wanted the 995, wearing orig stock (which i prefer) , but he had sold it , so i grabbed the 40 cal one in orig stock for $200 .Went to same gunshop and found 3 more factory mags for $45 that appear unused. The 40's iron sites worked better so i left it with irons for now. Ill tell ya about how i ended up with the 995 later.

Hipointer, ichthyo and fatal-bert33 like this.
  2. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Ever consider adjusting the sights? ;)
    Welcome to the forum, JHP owner here.

3. Howdy Bill, from a few miles southeast of KCMO.

I got a 995TS and 4095TS too. The 40 I have set up for deer hunting using a Konus Pro 1-5x32 scope.

Don't underestimate these little carbines. They'll get the job done if you spend a little time with them.

4. Bill whitney

Bill whitney Member

Yes , we tried moving it b
    Im in p hill actually.

5. Depending on what part of P hill you're at, I'm just SE of you just outside of LaTour. Already got my deer for 2020 season, so I now get to relax.

6. Bill whitney

Bill whitney Member

My
    My bro in law lived on ol drum for awhile , right off of 2hwy. We r in town in p hill. What did ya kill?

7. Got a 12-pointer on opening day that by our estimate weighed around 300# before field dressing. Had to use a tractor bucket to help lift into the rafters to skin/bone out. Biggest I've gotten.

fatal-bert33, Bill whitney and Rerun like this.
  8. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

$5 says your front sight post was canted and we could have walked you through the fix to get you spot on...

SWAGA likes this.
  9. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Hello and welcome from Indiana!