Keeping srpings and things from flying

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Cappy, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Cappy

Cappy Guest

A while back I removed the barrel to polish the feed ramp on my C9. When pounding the pins back in everything you don't want to fly/fall out did. :x The sear and spring, sear cam, counter weight pivot pin, safety, sear block spring, sear block, and the magazine catch spring.

Fortunately everything fell onto the towel I had down. :D

Having never taken my C9 apart before and the exploded view provided I could have been it trouble if I wasn't somewhat mechanically inclined. I was able to get everything back into place the way it should. I learned two things from this episode. (1) NEVER have the grips off when replacing the pins. (2) Secure the things not held into place by the grips. I complished item (2) with some good old duct tape and a gum wrapper. First I placed the gum wrapper over the sear to protect it from any sticky from the duct tape. Then I wrapped duct tape with the sticky side out(so the grips and anything else it touched wouldn't get sticky. After that I replaced the barrel pins.

Why did I do this again? BECAUSE somebody posted some pics of their beautifully polished ramp that made mine look like some dufus did it. So I just had to get me a Dremel and do it right.

I took some pics of the Red Green job. Hope I can attach them here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Beautiful job on the polishing there

3. Cappy

Cappy Guest

Thanks! Unfortunately I still have a feed problem. Fired less than 50 rounds through and had 3 fail to feed and 1 stovepipe. I will call HiPoint tomorrow to see about sending it in.

4. That's a great job you did there Cappy!

5. rodka

rodka Member

nice job polishing mine looked like crap compared to yours.

6. How many rounds do you have through the pistol? Some people have great luck right out of the box, others, like me had to run a few hundred rounds through them before they started to act right.

7. Cappy

Cappy Guest