Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend wanting to sell me his Kel-tec P40 for $125.  He is the original owner, and the gun is in excellent shape. He is a LEO and says he just doesn't shoot it.  Anybody know anything about these guns?

·
Registered
799 Posts
good gun great price
grab it

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
there no longer in production, heard good things of them, never shot one but I imagine the recoil would be pretty wicked, so take that into consideration as well,

·
Registered
557 Posts
Seems like KT discontinued these, but I would jump on it for that price-- plus I saw over at the KTOG you can convert them to .357 SIG pretty easily---

Wouldn't use it as a heavy range pistol, but it would be nice to have, and I would assume the KT warranty would still apply (unless you .357-it)

Get it!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have that gun.

It is reliable. I have only had two issues in 8 years...after firing, the slide didn't come all the way forward to close on the next round. Happened once within the first 50 rounds, and again after purchasing a new mag. With the original mag, it works flawlessly. I'd say it is mag related.

Recoil is wicked. I can't hit crap with it. Recoil is too heavy for me to be accurate. I used to be better with it, but the last time I took it out, I had serious misgivings about carrying with it again. Trigger pull is LOOOOOOOONG. Hard to hold on while the trigger comes all the way back. In fact, I am looking to trade for a .380 or a .32 that I can carry in it's place. I'd like to get perhaps a Bersa Concealed Carry .32, or maybe a used CZ-83, if I can break even on the whole deal.

Interestingly enough, I also shot my friend's P-11 (the 9mm version). I didn't notice much difference between the two guns at all.

I wish Hi Point made a compact .32 that would fit in my waist pouch. That'd be sweet. And, it would only cost $100. I could keep the Kel-Tec or give it to one of my friends.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes. I forgot to add that. Ridiculously cheap for that gun. That's a no brainer...even if you don't like it, you can flip it for more than what you have in it.

From what I've read, Kel-Tecs have a lifetime transferrable warranty. Much like Hi-Point, they say "to the original owner", but there are people out there who report buying them secondhand and getting them fixed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.