Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pf9 hasn't been locking back on the last shot anymore. So I contacted Kel-Tec and they want to send me a new mag follower.
A. will this fix it? B. how hard is it to change...I don't want to screw it up :(
I don't really think the issue is with the magazine....it does it with all three mags that I have...what else could be the problem?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
This was an issue with earlier magazines, due to problems with the follower. One of the modifications KT has made (along with a metal mag release, new barrel throat/feed ramp, etc.) was to redo the follower, so if you have older style mags, it would be good to replace them. Replaceing them is a cinch, too: use a punch to push in the little pi in the bottom of the magazine plate, and slide the plate off (watch the spring, as it will fly out and hit you if you don't keep a thumb or finger over it!). Then, just slide the spring and follower out through the base, swap out followers, put the spring back in, and hold it in place with your finger while you slide the plate back on.

You might check out this thread from another forum for more info:

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1206993522#11

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
The follower would be my assumption of the problem you describe as well. As gtv mentioned, taking a magazine apart is pretty simple...it's just good to take note of how it comes apart to ensure you have the spring facing the right way when you reassemble. You might even take a quick digital photo of everything as it's coming apart (assuming you also take gtv's advice and prevent the spring from flying out!) until you get more used to disassembly.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the mag followers that Kel-tec sent me. Very easy install and it actually locks back now. I haven't got a chance to shoot it yet but with the empty mag it will lock back. The new mag followers have a deeper "cut" where it catches. I'm really happy that I didn't have to send it in to get fixed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts