Kel Tec S2K 40 Glock?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by MachoMelvin, Jan 8, 2015.

1. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

New Years Resolutions are not good for me, I slipped, that's right, I already broke one of my goals! Well that's what a gun ADDICTION will do for you?
    I walked into my favorite Pawn Shop today, and the owner told me to hold right there, he had something he knew I wanted! Then he came out of the back room with a Kel Tec 22K 40 in glock. The only glitch was, it only came in yesterday, & I would have to wait for 2 weeks to get it. So I dropped a $50 deposit on it. His asking price was hmm hmm $350 total. Looks clean with one 22rd magazine. GOD is GOOD!
    I guess I will have to find a glock pistol now?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    HOLY COW!!!!!!!!

Or Praise the Lord, as you prefer.:p

And no, you don't "need" a Glock...but what the heck, they are like a modern 1911, every one needs to have at least one.

Should be a PILE of LEO returns of the 22 now that the FBI and others are dumping the .40.;)

3. That's a great price! I have a Sub2k in Sig 9mm to compliment my P226. It has run perfect out of the box and I really like having a rifle that shares hi-cap mags with my pistol.

4. MachoMelvin

I'm NOT a glock fan, but have really wanted this Keltec 2K for a while. I thought $350 was avery good price, even if used, looks like new? I may have preferred the Beretta over the glock, because I really like the M9/92's. My oldest son, who is a glock fan, mentioned a few months ago about a 40 Keltec. What is the highest cap mag available for this. I found some 22rd mags.

5. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    32 rounds in the Glock-Stick 40 S&W :D

Glock Factory Mags, also!

6. undeRGRound

INDY
    That price is like new retail from a reputable retailer, but scarcely available for that. I would have grabbed it as well ;)

I have the Beretta version, the handgun is a Model 96 for the 'fouty' and I have 2 of the 20 round hi-caps, made by ProMag.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  7. monsterdawg

monsterdawg Member

That is "standard capacity magazines" that they share. Anything less than 15 is "low capacity". "Hi capacity" is scary speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Hi-Point Forum

8. undeRGRound

INDY
    Hi-Cap is technically anything over the largest mag that is standard with the non-Kali versions. Glock 17, standard 17 rounds. So a +2 or +16 would be a hi-cap. (you might get +1 with follower mods, in the standard base and mag body, so no one would know)

AR15 standard is 30 rounds, so 30 is not hi-cap :D
    I have a few hi-cap mags for mine, very few. Maybe 3???
    A couple of MagPul 40's and an MGW90 :D

9. MachoMelvin

I saw some Korean mags with maybe 31 or 32 rds. Are these any good or promags in disguise?

10. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

It is. Your guy likes you and is giving you a good deal.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

11. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

They're a little better than ProMag but some people report problems. The two most commonly reported problems with the KBI glock happy sticks are 1) weak springs causing fail to feed issues 2) weak base-plates causing base-plates to pop off and dumping the guts of the mag on the ground.

The KBI mags are clearly not glock mags the feed lips are obviously different but most seem to not have issues with those. Some people who have bought the KBI happy sticks report that they fixed weak spring issues by simply buying the Wolff Gunsprings spring-kit at standard strength. There were some folks who've remediated what they say were weak base-plates but I forget how. Maybe they had a few +2 extension base-plates and used the original base-plate on the KBI or something. I don't remember.

That said, most people seem to hot have any trouble with the KBI happy stick clones. My 3 have worked just fine in my 9mm Sub2K. The only feed issue I've ever had with it was some "Independence" brand ammunition which was loaded just a bit weak and wouldn't always kick the breach-block ("bolt") back far enough to cycle. Worked fine with every other ammo, however.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

12. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

That is a very good price!! Here locally the S2K is going for 499.00 new. And I have not seen any used ones around. I paid 599.00 for my SU16. Love that gun!

13. undeRGRound

INDY
    I got my S2K for Hi Point Carbine prices, $285 :D

Low 300's NEW is what it would be if everyone was not gouging, or people overpaying... but that's the way the cookie crumbles, I guess...

14. You got a great deal. there is one for sale on my local Arms list $700. sure it comes with 10 mags. but $700!?!?!?!!? outrageous for a PCC

15. undeRGRound

INDY
    Mine's not a GLock, but MSRP is same across the board AFAIK.
    They just go faster, the Glocks. If I had the G2K, I'd get the matching handgun. No Doubt

16. Agreed; however not every state has the same limitations and I should have qualified my post accordingly. Here in mAss (and a few other states) anything above 10 rounds is considered "hi capacity" by the legislature who limited us to 10 rounds as the max allowed. They grandfathered pre-ban mags- which I actively sought and eventually found and bought. So, while I do have the original 10 rounders around somewhere... they're not in my P226 or Sub2k :D

BTW If I lived in New York State I believe I'd be limited to seven rounds no matter what.

17. undeRGRound

INDY

My M&P Promags, and my Beretta 96 Promags have been perfect. The M&P Promags are so close in appearances that you have to look at the baseplate logo to see which is which. In fact, the Promag Follower looked to be a higher quality than the M&P at first glance... Slight difference upon further inspection.

The B96 extended mags have ran perfect as well, and I pushed them harder. They are listed as 20 rounds and I can get 23 in there, but #23 is tough. I'd feel good about loading 22 any time. They fed aluminum case to the beast:D

18. undeRGRound

INDY
    Adapting an S2K to bumpfire would be quite easy, IMO :)

19. MachoMelvin

Ok Guy's, I just sat through a boring 1st of the year sales meeting to all day. BUT guess who was awarded employee of the year & walked out with enough $$$ to pick up this Keltec, come on guess who? Your right it was your friend MachoMelvin!! I will also receive a Big bonus check in February for my 2014 performance. GOD id Good!!!
    Now, what is on my menu for February, Vepr-54, M1 Carbine, , Citadel M1 9mm? This is going to be a rough 30 days to wait? I would finish up this HP collection if I could just find the last 7!

20. MachoMelvin

Picked up the G2K last week. I let a guy that works at the pawn shop take it home & clean it. He really wanted to shoot it. Anyways, I found some glock ambi- mags 15 rd for $15 each. Will these fit my gun?