Keltec CMR 30 carbine on it's way!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by SWAGA, Oct 28, 2014.

1. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Well if they don't want toys that look like guns, make guns look like toys.

3. thats awessome, now make enough PMR's that we can buy one for a not outrageous price.

Seriously Kel-tec has the opposite problem of Hi-point.

They just keep throwing out more and more designs, while no one can get there current designs.

4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

The CNC operator for the machine that makes the receivers posted over on TheKTOG that he's actually been making receivers for them. It's exciting. :)

And will be equally impossible to find, driving up .22WMR prices again. ;)

More seriously, the last time I bought anything at a gunshow was right after the PMR30 had been released. I was shopping for a .22 wheelie for my wife as a surprise for Christmas and one vendor had a PMR30 for just under MSRP. I had enough to buy it but not enough for both the PMR30 and the wheelie. I bought the revolver. It didn't work reliably and she eventually sold it.

I shoulda bought the PMR30. :(

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

5. wanderson

wanderson Member

not RMR?

So it's called the CMR 30 and not the RMR 30? Good to know. I'd love to have one of these, I think the 16" barrel is a better choice for .22wmr although I've seen the fireball a PMR 30 makes. Been wanting the pistol as well but the few I've seen for sale have been at gun shows for at least $200 over MSRP. Like all things Kel Tec I'd love to have one but won't pay over MSRP or try to order one, I'll just wait & watch, like looking for a 4 leaf clover.

6. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Oh, goody. Another gun I will never see, never be able to buy, and can blame for the fact that at the stores, I never see ANY other new gun by KelTec except the P3AT.:rolleyes:

7. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

But it's a .22 Ajole... and you have every other .22 in the world known to man rofl

8. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Kel Tec claims that they are doing this one different.

They say that they're pre-manufacturing a large number so that there will be a lot in the pipline for rollout day. They also claim they've added a lot of capacity. In particular, to quote, "...have added close to a dozen new vertical mills and turning machines as well as replaced some older equipment with brand new ones. We also are on the middle of having a new dedicated room for assembly and from what I gather also for a proper R & D department."

We'll see what that means when it gets under glass at the LGS.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

9. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Yeah sure, I'll believe it when it happens, wanna bet they are all snapped up and you will see them on GB for double retail?

Can you even buy a PMR30 yet from a gunstore? Heck, they still can't keep up with Sub2K's, they are still selling for $500+ on GB because nobody has them. I have a Sub2K with Beretta grips, I should sell that thing.

10. Code:

You're right, still haven't seen a PMR or Sub 2k in a gun store. Only online for outrageous prices. or gun shows, with similarly outrageous prices.

I do doubt this one will be any different.

11. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Don't even mention the RFB or the KSG, same story but worse.

12. Not2ManyGuns

Not2ManyGuns Member

I would rather have a Henry Lever Action Magnum 22 (H001M). This new KelTech may be okay at the range; however, if I were to be walking in a forest area or field with a rifle, I feel that the Henry Lever Action rifle would not look as menacing to other people. I prefer to stay as low profile as possible and not cause alarm to others.

13. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

The kind of person who'd feel "menaced" by a CMR30 would typically feel just as "menaced" by a levergun. The others might want to ask you how much you paid for it and how well it shoots.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

14. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I LOVE the Henry, (have an octagon barrel 22slr) for availability and awesomeness of the old style lever gun, agreed

But Kirk is right about the rest of the comment ;)
    I would like EITHER! But I already have a mossy (640T) and a Ruger American 22Mag bolt actions. Magazine Fed ;)

15. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Need some pics of that 640 T. I have a 620K. Haven't shot it enough to find the best load or really get groups from it, but it's a seriously nice, full sized rimfire rifle.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  16. undeRGRound

INDY
    While I have your attention, I have a guy wanting to sell a Winchester pump 22

He thinks it is a model 64, maybe a 61 but my quick research shows 61 or 62

Says it shoots 22 s, l, lr and is a pump action, made in the 1940's (that would be a 62a)

Any idea what it is worth? (he said a book he referenced indicates around $650, but he knows it's only worth what someone will pay)

I know you are the 22 guru :D

He also has an LC Smith side-by-side 12 gauge. Value?

The 640T was claimed by my dad, but I can get pix... It is a very nice, clean gun. Stock was nearly perfect (cursory non-expert assessment, by me)
    Paid $165 for it with 100 rounds, ammo was $30 at that time.

17. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
  18. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    In bad condition, $400, there are two on GB right now at $400-$450, good used condition $550-$650, really nice can push higher. Some people think that collectors think any Winchester is a gold mine, just like Colt pistol guys, but you know how it is. Real collectors only think the guns they have are worth money, yours is flawed and not worth squat...until they buy it.;)

The LC Smith I don't know, I'm not a shotgun guy at all. Good name, so I'd say $200 on a total guess? But check it before you use that number.:p

Oof...I checked it, and you better triple or quadruple my number, and then double that again for some models...they are apparently very VERY desirable.:eek:

19. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

I want something semi auto in .17 win super mag...

20. undeRGRound

INDY
    Wish in one hand... ;)
    Most folks just want the AMMO for these. :D

Nice!
    I think this guy was testing me, to see if I was a low-baller or something...
    I'll find out more today. He may not be an internet person, however.
    I might be able to get the Winny for $400 ?!?:eek:

Wondering why you wanted pick of the Mossy 22 Mag, Ajole.
    I thought it was the lesser model than the 640 K?